Sorry for double threads....

Anyways, i REALLY want a LP-style guitar, and i've been drooling over Agile for quite some time now. But just recently noticed that every one of their AL-series guitars has jumbo frets... and i've heard that jumbo frets are better for shredding, and not to use them if you fret too hard... which i DO! a lot!
I play mainly barre chords and a little bit of picking w/ solos, little parts of songs, etc. but nothing drastic like shredding. And i, like i said, i fret kind of hard.

So, should i just stop looking at Agiles? Because of the jumbo frets?
O O

___
I find they cause me to loosen up a bit. The only thing I had trouble with is slides. Darn neck feels like a rail road track. Medium jumbo are good for me.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the best thing you can do is try one out and see how you like the feel
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
I dunno, I find quite the opposite.

I like jumbo frets for rhythm playing
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by cerveza
the best thing you can do is try one out and see how you like the feel

I can't try out an agile...

but my friend has an ibanez with jumbo frets... and i can say that i agree with Kevin, it really does feel like railroad tracks. Because like i said in my original post... i use barre chords a lot, and i slide them around, and pick around and slide... and it's a lot easier on my guitar(don't know what kind of frets, but they're definately not jumbo).

Man... i really want agiles... but i'm not getting jumbo frets!
I guess i'll just have to get a Epiphone, or something....
O O

___
The Agile custom shop might be open to orders. You could order an Agile with non-jumbo frets if it is.
I'm NOT ordering a custom, haha.

I emailed Kurt today, and he said custom orders for a AL-2000 with chrome hardware instead of gold would be around $500. 2000s are around $199 new!

...soo... customs are out of the question.

Are epiphones the only good, cheap, LPs without jumbo frets?
O O

___
Quote by Kevin Saale
I find they cause me to loosen up a bit. The only thing I had trouble with is slides. Darn neck feels like a rail road track. Medium jumbo are good for me.

lol ..... yeah it does feel pretty huge and a lil uncomfy... but like the other guy said ...depends on how well you adjust to them ....try one at a store .. but one thing you should keep in mind is that when you play a new instrument it takes a while to adjust to it .....specially if has jumbo frets and you are not used to playing with them. So even if you play it for a few mins and it feels uncomfy remember that its only normal.

Think about it ...I dunno why you want to get the Agile ...but IMO I wouldn't get an instrument jut because of the way it looks, do you love every other aspect of the instrument ? , like its sound, sustain, weight etc ?. But at the same time if its only the jumbo frets thats stopping you from getting them ..then go for it ...im pretty sure you will get used to the bigger frets sooner or later....

Peace bro...
Quote by inlovewithmusic
lol ..... yeah it does feel pretty huge and a lil uncomfy... but like the other guy said ...depends on how well you adjust to them ....try one at a store .. but one thing you should keep in mind is that when you play a new instrument it takes a while to adjust to it .....specially if has jumbo frets and you are not used to playing with them. So even if you play it for a few mins and it feels uncomfy remember that its only normal.

Think about it ...I dunno why you want to get the Agile ...but IMO I wouldn't get an instrument jut because of the way it looks, do you love every other aspect of the instrument ? , like its sound, sustain, weight etc ?. But at the same time if its only the jumbo frets thats stopping you from getting them ..then go for it ...im pretty sure you will get used to the bigger frets sooner or later....

Peace bro...

I see what you're talking about... but i've looked at the specs of it. I like it. I've looked at the "looks" of it. I like it.

And also, EVERYONE recommends them if your only other option is a Epiphone LP Standard.

So... i guess i'll just go to a shop for a while and see how i really FEEL about these jumbo frets. Maybe i can get used to them... or at least partly used to them.

'nother question... just wondering... but how much does it usually cost to get frets swapped? ...or filed down... or whatever i'd have to do to get them smaller.

EDIT:wait! doesn't the LTD EC-1000 have jumbo frets??? Because i play one of those all the time at my local shop... and it's barely any different. Not skill-deprivingly different by any means.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Sep 2, 2008,
I think getting them filed down would be more expensive. A refret would probably be around 150 dollars if it's done by a professional.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not