I have a B-52 AT 112 tube amp. And I love the tone i get from it when I use it with a bad monkey, and an mxr 10 band eq. But today I was playing and all of a sudden I heard like a crackling sound. I'm not sure if its the cables or the guitar, or the tubes or what. So I kept on playing, and the crackling happened again about 3-4 times so i stopped. What do you think is wrong with it?

the patch cables? guitar cable? tubes? and I have the amp upstairs on carpet, and whenever i stomp on the carpet near the amp, i always hear a like ploooooshhhh sound. any ideas on that?

and this is my first tube amp, if i wanted to change the tubes on the b-52, do i have to take apart the top shield thing in the back, or the bottom?

thanks
The crackling may be your cables or your input jack. Try getting a new cable and tightening your input jack or getting a new one of those anyway.
try a different cable, that's probably your problem.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
try different cables and a different guitar. if not, it's most likely the (power?) tubes going. and the sound you get when you stomp near it is the reverb tank rattling... that's normal.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
sound like either a bad cable... or maybe a bad input jack... either one.

Some cables do this when you bend them, because they're at the "breaking" point. Wiggle your cable and see if it does it again... it sounds like a cable about to go out.

And as for the "ploooooshhhh" thing... i have no idea.
O O

___
I think the "ploooooshhhh" sound will be the reverb tank, i think it's pretty normal, but dont quote me.
As for the crackling, check with different leads & such, put the guitar straight into the amp itself, see if the problem still happens then.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I think you know what to do now TS. You've got about 7 replies now of the exact same thing, haha.
O O

___
and as for the tubes, i've seen someone said that changing the preamp tubes to sovteks or however you spell it to get a more "mesa" sound.

this is my first time having a tube amp, and i dont really know how to change tubes or whatever but is changing it to sovteks a good idea?
i'm pretty sure sovteks are already in there. and they suck.

check the tube sticky thread for recommendations. you'll most likely be told "tungsols in the preamp, jj's in the poweramp" elsewhere.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008