So lately I've become more and more interested with jazz and swing. I want to learn how to play like guitarists of this genre, but the trouble is I don't know any. Can anyone recommend me some good guitarists or bands that I should listen to? I just lost my more jazz influenced guitar teacher too so I really don't know where to start. Thanks for any help guys.
H e l l o .
Dont listen to guitarists listen to horn players. and listen alot. The best way to play jazz is to listen all the time.

Some good players to look in to are:
John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Charlie Parker
Wayne Shorter
Thelonius Monk
Chick Corea
Freddie Hubbard
Herbie Hancock

None of those guys play guitar but just by listening to them you will better understand the licks and tricks of jazz. You could also get a real book and learn some tunes out of that or check out www.songtrellis.com for some charts.

and go to the Jazz fourm.
Sig What?
Quote by darth awsome
Dont listen to guitarists listen to horn players. and listen alot. The best way to play jazz is to listen all the time.

Some good players to look in to are:
John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Charlie Parker
Wayne Shorter
Thelonius Monk
Chick Corea
Freddie Hubbard
Herbie Hancock

None of those guys play guitar but just by listening to them you will better understand the licks and tricks of jazz. You could also get a real book and learn some tunes out of that or check out www.songtrellis.com for some charts.

and go to the Jazz fourm.

thank you.
H e l l o .