Poll: What tuning???
Poll Options
View poll results: What tuning???
BEADGB
20 77%
EADGBE, (Guitar tuning)
6 23%
Voters: 26.
would you use the BEADGC, or the guitar tuning EADGBe?? and why?? being a guitarist i prefer the guitar tuning but i want to know your opinion.

Tuning Edited, I wrote BEADGB and it was BEADGC. thanks
Last edited by juangar1992 at Sep 2, 2008,
the bass tuning is BEADGC. not B.

and I'd prefer that. I prefer my low notes over my chords. and I dislike tiny strings. a comfort thing.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
BEADGC. basses are tuned in fourths. adding the third between G and B only complicates scale patterns.
^^not necessarily helpful.
Quote by the humanity

think pokemon
Pete Wentz sig reaches level 32, it evolves into Mark Hoppus bass.
Mark Hoppus bass uses tone knob!
it's super unneffective!
it is EADGBe just like a guitar, who told you the other tunings, those are alternate tunings
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Quote by failedstagedive
BEADGC. basses are tuned in fourths. adding the third between G and B only complicates scale patterns.

win. seriously.

and to the dude above... fail.
Quote by higherworlds
it is EADGBe just like a guitar, who told you the other tunings, those are alternate tunings

It's not. The standard tuning is BEADGC, all fourths, all the time. However, a lot of guitarists would prefer the EADGBe because they know all of their scale and chord patterns in that tuning. It makes little sense to completely change all of what you know for the sake of a couple notes.
Quote by higherworlds

Swing and miss.

Although a 6 string bass can be tuned EADGBe standard tuning is BEADGC.

On topic, I would use BEADGC if I had a 6 stringer. One day...
I never knew that, amazing! what about a 5 string
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
It makes little sense to completely change all of what you know for the sake of a couple notes.

I completely agree. Though I don't own a 6 string, I'd get it tuned BEADGC (or F#BEADG, but I've already made a thread about that). But, if you're a guitarist looking to buy a 6 string bass, get it tuned EADGBe, because that's what you're used to. Plus, most of the basses that come standard in that tuning are meant to be more "guitar-like" (i.e. short scale, shorter string spacing, trems). The only ones I know of are:

The Fender Bass VI ( if you have 3 grand to blow on a bass that is not at all worth it from what I've heard)

Though I'd personally get

The Schecter Wildcat VI in black (not an option on Musician's friend). Also, I'd upgrade the pickups, if I knew where I could get some that fit the mini humbucker housing (other that a Rickenbacker bass neck pickup)
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by kugelspot
But, if you're a guitarist looking to buy a 6 string bass, get it tuned EADGBe, because that's what you're used to.

I disagree with that. That's like saying that if a bassist buys a guitar and usually plays 5 string, s/he should string it up with the lowest 5 strings of a 7 sring set because that's what he's used to. You can tune however you want, but I don't think that a guitarist should tune to guitar standard on a 6 because he's used to it, but because there's a need for it.
If you wanna play a bass with EADGBe, just play a guitar.

BEADGC is where it's at.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
BEADGC ftmfw. Though anything in straight fourths is good.

Unless you're playing open chords, that high B is stupid.