Hello,

I am looking for an amplifier, preferably tube, that has excellent cleans. I would appreciate some suggestions please. Fancy settings are not needed or anything like that since I get my distortion with a Digitech Metal Master. I am also buying a Line 6 POD to record that i'll use in conjunction with Gearbox, so thats another reason fancy perks are not neccacery, just really nice clean tube sound, the POD/Pedal will do the rest when it comes to effects and whatever. I play Metal, and am using an Ibanez RGT42FX with a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge (lethal yes I know). My budget is $600 Canadian. Thanks
Ampeg VT-22 has the best cleans i have ever heard, so i bought one and havent looked back, once you play one you will understand. oh and tubed with 7027s
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
If you only want cleans then a JC 120 would work well for you. It's not a tube amp, but it has great cleans. Maybe a super reverb if you can find one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^Or a SF Twin.

Or since you are getting a Pod, why not try running it with a tube power amp, using the POD as the pre.
Well there are a ton of clean amps, not a lot I would rec that you try to tweek to metal if that's what you play most. Why not start with a metal amp first off and go from there?
Would you buy used? and are you going to be gigging?
for clean amps, id look into fenders. they may not have the best cleans ever, but i dont think ive found anything that beats them. american voiced of course, so if you want a british voiced clean go elsewhere. but fender cleans = amazing IMO, so id start with some of their nice tube amps.
How about you get an amp with good distortion if you are playing metal? It will do you much better justice than playing a distortion box through a clean channel. Check out Bugera amps. A 333xl or 6262 should be good for you, try them both out first though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by grobbo91
How about you get an amp with good distortion if you are playing metal? It will do you much better justice than playing a distortion box through a clean channel. Check out Bugera amps. A 333xl or 6262 should be good for you, try them both out first though.

.....+1
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live