Search bar didnt come up with anything so, let us discuss.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Rabbbbittts
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
didnt jefferson airplane's lead singer say a bunch of racist suff to a bunch of Germans?
i may be mistaken
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by slash4114
didnt jefferson airplane's lead singer say a bunch of racist suff to a bunch of Germans?
i may be mistaken

Probably, I dont know myself but she probably did back in the day, wouldnt suprise me.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt their band name slang for a roach clip?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I only know "White Rabbit"
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
nothing wrong with only knowing white rabbit, its a great song. Many people of today dont really know much about them because they are one of the classic rock bands that arent all that big anymore, in fact im one of the 5 kids in my grade who know who this band is.

Grace was hot, id do her in a second back in the 60s and 70s.

Shes pretty rough now, i guess thats what years of drug abuse does to you.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
^ Wasn't she a model before she became their singer?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Yeah. Grace was really hot. I wouldn't mind Jeffersoning her Airplane.

That being said, great band. They have so many better songs than White Rabbit, though it is still a really good song. Great bass, great drums.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Probably, I dont know myself but she probably did back in the day, wouldnt suprise me.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt their band name slang for a roach clip?

I thought it was just that someone in their band knew someone who used to make up weird nicknames for people, and came up with Blind Lemon Jefferson Airplane one day (after the blues singer, I guess, although he didn't have the 'Airplane' bit) and... Well, yeah. That was it.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by slash4114
i may be mistaken

Actually it was the lead singer of Jefferson Starship

Same chick but they're completely different bands

I have their greatest hits around somewhere. I was never able to really get into psychedelic music but I might put it on to see if I changed my views.
^^Even if you don't like Psychedelic music, you ought to like this... I'd say it's about as good as it gets! I was actually smoking a joint the first time I heard White Rabbit... The universe shifted a little, that night.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by slidething31
^ Wasn't she a model before she became their singer?

Yes she was if im correct, which im pretty sure that I am.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I've got Surrealistic Pillow. Awesome, awesome album.
Embryonic Journey is my favourite ever acoustic song now.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
I've got Surrealistic Pillow. Awesome, awesome album.
Embryonic Journey is my favourite ever acoustic song now.

Thats my favorite Jeff. Airplane album actually.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by therussian
Yeah. Grace was really hot. I wouldn't mind Jeffersoning her Airplane.

Well said, my friend.

I need to pick up Surrealistic Pillow soon. I've been on a 60s folk rock/psychedelic kick as of late.
Hey, I'm Mike.
^ Highly recommended...the thing I like most about it is that most of the songs that are not very famous (Somebody to Love, White Rabbit) are way better than the singles.

Also, get the deluxe version with the extra tracks, Go To Her is worth price of admission alone. Plus the other extra tracks are great.
I love "the other side of this life" , especially live at altamont 69', they had to stop half way through because Marty got punched.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by metalfan#3
^ Highly recommended...the thing I like most about it is that most of the songs that are not very famous (Somebody to Love, White Rabbit) are way better than the singles.

Also, get the deluxe version with the extra tracks, Go To Her is worth price of admission alone. Plus the other extra tracks are great.

+1, I love "Go to her"

The lead guitarist gets such a nice, toneuful but wierd guitar tone
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Comin' Back to Me is a brilliantly-written song. Marty Balin is a great singer and this song showcases that ability. Also, Jerry Garcia apparently played the guitar parts on the studio version of that song and a couple of others on SP.
^^Yeah, I wish I had a 'Spiritual Adviser' who'd play guitar on and possibly co-produce my album...

Quote by Dæmönika
Comin' Back to Me is a brilliantly-written song. Marty Balin is a great singer and this song showcases that ability. Also, Jerry Garcia apparently played the guitar parts on the studio version of that song and a couple of others on SP.

Hello you!
I wish I knew more of their material but 4 songs.

Recommendations?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Surrealistic Pillow. Get it
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Yeah I had Surrealistic Pillow on vinyl back in the 70's. I just loved this album even though it was made 10 years before I bought it. Not many people in Australia were aware of Jefferson Airplane but they were pretty big in the hippie community. Grace Slick had an amazing voice. The guitar work was pretty hot too.
Bathing at Baxter's is my favorite album of theirs. I love "Watch Her Ride", "Young Girl Sunday Blues", and the extended version of "Ballad of You, Me and Pooneil"

They are my favorite band.