I have just get a zoom G2 effects pedal, I know that it isn't excelent but I heard a lot of nice sounds of it.

The problem is that when I try to use high gain distortion sims, like the mesa boogie, I only get a normal distortion , and when pick single notes the sound sounds too clear even with the gain maxed . I can barely get pinch harmonics .

I saw a lot of videos on youtube playing nice high gain leads with it, even with passive pickups and small amps.

I am using a Jackson JS30 with an EMG 81 in the bridge and a small Laney LX12 amp.

The cables could be causing a loose of gain? , I tested with 3 different ones and the problem persists , maybe the three are broken, I will change them.

Some other advice?
Thanks!
I had that problem the other day. Do you have your knobs all the way up? I was trying to play at 1. I felt dumb. Thats my only Idea.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by ZeBubba!
I had that problem the other day. Do you have your knobs all the way up? I was trying to play at 1. I felt dumb. Thats my only Idea.

thanks , I already checked that.
I will be uploading the sound I get when I play using the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier sim in the G2, something is very wrong with it.
Try replacing the batterie, or power supply.
Wither the batterie is stating to die or maybe the power supply isnt kicking out all the power it should.

Post the positions of your knobs on both the amp and pedal.
The mesa boogie sim on my G2 sounds like a crunchy distortion even with the gain maxed. I always use the extra distortion setting for high gain stuff.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by rockdan101
The mesa boogie sim on my G2 sounds like a crunchy distortion even with the gain maxed. I always use the extra distortion setting for high gain stuff.

I dont see how that guy has higher gain than both of you then...
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Sep 3, 2008,
Quote by rockdan101

Do you mean the " Extreme distortion" preset?
But when I record in the computer I have the same problem, so, I don't know........
Ok, I am using a Jackson JS30DK with only one EMG 81 in the bridge , the other pasive pickup on the neck is not soldered to the circuit.
Also I played with a behringer strato ( the results are worst).

My amp is small Laney LX12 , 10 W of power, also I tested with a small behringer 15 W.
In the behringer sounded worst , all the knobs are all the way up in both.

Then is my G2 , I tested it with a power supply and with brand new alkaline batteries, so the problem isn't here.

I use brand new cables , I bought them yesterday, a new alkaline battery for the EMG ( I tested with 2 different ones, same result).

Then my strings are D'Addario 0.09/.042 , maybe my guitar lacks of sustain because of the strings and maybe a bad calibration, but I don't see why I can't get sustain from the gain.

When I take the gain from 60 to the max (100) I barely hear a difference in the sound, in the previous video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2udkGjrx9Q , he has a lot of sustain playing with the gain on 60 , I did the same as he, and my sound dies faster.
I think that my problem comes from the pedal itself, I tested it with headphones and with different cables, maybe the guitar is lacking sustain because of the calibration, the strange thing is that the effects works well, the problem is the distortion.
Finally I solved this, It was bad soldering, some soldering was making contact with the body and that made the electricity to go earthed, It was loosing a lot of output.
Quote by Esti_Sonata
Finally I solved this, It was bad soldering, some soldering was making contact with the body and that made the electricity to go earthed, It was loosing a lot of output.

That's what I was about to say. This happens a lot and people can't never figure it out.
Late update.

It was bad soldering but I still have gain problem, the tone sounds weak, really thin.

I have 2 options, the guitar output is low for some reason or the pedal has problems.
Last edited by Esti_Sonata at Sep 25, 2009,