Alright... quite unexpectedly... I've found the one Razorback I'd ever buy.

The White/Gold one made famous by Matt Heafy (though that's not why I like it).

Of course, the custom one made in the USA would be ideal, but the Korean one still looks extremely nice. Especially for just under $1200. It even has an OFR on it, rather than some LFR copy. The only thing I might have to change is the pickups, as it has a Dimebucker and Dean PAF.

But I know how much hate Razorbacks get. I've only had a chance to play one, and it was an Explosion that was really battered up, and only the bridge pickup worked. Nevertheless, I didn't find it the horrible monstrosity people often make it out to be. I don't usually like signature guitars, but this one just really calls out to me. I may not like what Dean is doing with Dime's name, but I like this guitar.

Anyone have any real experience with them that might to be able to give me honest feedback, positive or negative, rather than just bandwagon Dean hate?
Last edited by Delanoir at Sep 3, 2008,
Well, I think that is incredible looking, but I personally have never played a Razorback that I liked. I mean, don't get me wrong...I'd love for that guitar in your pic to be incredible, but I have played a ton of Razorbacks (several friends of mine have owned them and I've played plenty in music stores hoping to find one that looked like that AND played well...) and I have not had a single good experience with one.

Do you want looks or a quality guitar...? Given my experiences with Razorbacks, that is how I personally would be looking at this situation.

Hope that helped
Peace
????
Thats an awesome paint job on it.
I've looked all round for that in the korean razorback but i could only find it in the USA versions.
where did u find the korean made one?
Not all DEAN's suck. Just 99% of them. Thats why I constantly tell people to buy something else. Im in no way an expert on DEAN's but a majority of the members on here have no clue when it comes to playability and quality. Many can say I don't either which is fine. But then they bring up spec's. Spec's doesn't mean quality.
Quote by RichieKotzen
Not all DEAN's suck. Just 99% of them. Thats why I constantly tell people to buy something else. Im in no way an expert on DEAN's but a majority of the members on here have no clue when it comes to playability and quality. Many can say I don't either which is fine. But then they bring up spec's. Spec's doesn't mean quality.

^ Doesn't know what's he's talking about and shouldn't discuss things he has zero experience with...

I got a Dean VX as a gift, and after a professional set-up and new pups, it sounds great. It also plays pretty well. And that's a low end Dean...

When it comes to the razorback, though, it's really a game of luck. Quality control is a bit off for them and it takes some searching to find a perfect one. Just prepare to have to set it up and possibly swap the pups to get the sound you want.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Quote by RichieKotzen

The ML and the Razorback aren't the only guitars that Dean makes.
Honestly, this Razorback is all finish. They charge top dollar for the White/Gold finish and don't really improve much. The only thing difference is that they throw on an Ebony board on the American model. I found them to play exactly like any old Razorback you could pull off the wall.

The Korean White/Gold still has an LFR and a rosewood board as well.

It's still the best looking Razorback though putting a fancy finish on one is like bagging an ugly chick.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Honestly, this Razorback is all finish. They charge top dollar for the White/Gold finish and don't really improve much. The only thing difference is that they throw on an Ebony board on the American model. I found them to play exactly like any old Razorback you could pull off the wall.

The Korean White/Gold still has an LFR and a rosewood board as well.

It's still the best looking Razorback though putting a fancy finish on one is like bagging an ugly chick.

Really? Where did you get a chance to play one?

And I know it has a rosewood fretboard, but that's some nice and dark looking rosewood. And according to where I found it, it says that it's an OFR, and looks like one to me...

See? But I can see where you might be right, regardless. I'll have to give this a lot of thought.
Quote by Delanoir
Really? Where did you get a chance to play one?

And I know it has a rosewood fretboard, but that's some nice and dark looking rosewood. And according to where I found it, it says that it's an OFR, and looks like one to me...

See? But I can see where you might be right, regardless. I'll have to give this a lot of thought.

I played one at a guitar shop in Toronto. Some guy had paid top dollar for one of the limited run USA models and didn't like it evidentally.

If you really want one, go for it but you'd better be sure with the cash you're going to shell out.

Personally, I'd much rather get an older Dean. Much better guitars.
that is freakin beautiful man makes me cry a little
im in the fastlane on the highway to hell
Very nice looking guitar, and I'm not usually a fan of anything with points all over it.
I own a razorback and love it. I got a yellow devil on clearance on musician's friend. Mine has a pretty obvious cosmetic blemish (the DIME logo is crooked, lol), so I guess that was why it was on sale, but it's a great guitar. There's only 2 things I don't like...the toggle-switch is really touchy/snappy, so it doesn't take alot of pressure to flip it...and it always hits against my leg when I sit down. And the neck pickup is kinda weak, but I love the dimebucker, actually. It's actually really comfortable to play standing and sitting...the spikes are so long it just rests against the side of my leg when standing, and stays in place great. The neck is perfect for me. Overall, I think they are great guitars, but they are overpriced though.
I like the finish but that's about it. If YOU like how it sounds, then that is all that matters. There is some importance to the look of the guitar as well, I can't stand DEAN's cause of the headstock and not a big fan of the Razorback shape either. The ML is an ok shape, but I think I'd still rather have something that looks like a Jackson Rhoads instead. Anyway, congratulations on getting the guitar. I hope it works out to the best for you.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Why don't you look at getting a guitar worth the money it costs?

To me, buying a Razorback is like saying "HAY I HAVE LOTS OF MONEY AND I LIEK TRIVIUM AND PANTERA". I know the Razorbacks are generally good guitars but they are wildly overpriced.