i have no idea if this is even possible, i guess not but worth asking a possibly idiotic question lol

i have an ibanez guitar, GRG with a FAT 10 trem and i was wondering if its possible to put a piezo pickups in there, if possible how hard could it be ? if not, any good compatible trems with piezos in them ? or ill have to buy a guitar with one ?

thanks in advance =)
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by the_extremist00
i have no idea if this is even possible, i guess not but worth asking a possibly idiotic question lol

i have an ibanez guitar, GRG with a FAT 10 trem and i was wondering if its possible to put a piezo pickups in there, if possible how hard could it be ? if not, any good compatible trems with piezos in them ? or ill have to buy a guitar with one ?

thanks in advance =)

It is possible, but it will cost you about four times the cost of that guitar in components only. You'll need a set of saddles and a preamp to start with, and then a lot of fairly tricky work to mod that in.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
It is possible, but it will cost you about four times the cost of that guitar in components only. You'll need a set of saddles and a preamp to start with, and then a lot of fairly tricky work to mod that in.

damn =( it sounds so awesome , thanks anyway

guess ill have to start a new guitar fund lol
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
I may have overdone the "four times more" estimate.

A basic set of piezo saddles (which would fit the GRG's bridge) and a preamp should be around a hundred bucks each. You'd need to install the saddles, mount the preamp, run wires from each saddle inside the control cavity to the preamp, and then ideally drill a hole for a piezo output jack (the alternative is to use a mixer into the existing jack). The whole system obviously runs on batteries.

It's not completely unaffordable - but really, that kind of a project is best done on a better guitar than the GRG. That way you'll get to enjoy it longer.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!