Hi UG. My goal here is to replicate a tele plus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecaster_plus without paying out the ass for it or having to route a regular tele for a humbucker in the bridge. Basically the only solution I've found is to buy a
Squier Obey Tele and replace it with lace sensor pickups (and probably, because its a squier get a set up).

Is there any other option?

please no unrelated, crap posts.

TL;DR need tele with humbucker in bridge. single in neck
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Sep 6, 2008,
I think there's a John 5 signature which has a humbucker in the bridge and hoohah.

I'm not too sure on the cost though, but try it out.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Greenwood991
Hi UG. My goal here is to replicate a tele plus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecaster_plus without paying out the ass for it or having to route a regular tele for a humbucker in the bridge. Basically the only solution I've found is to buy a
Squier Obey Tele and replace it with lace sensor pickups (and probably, because its a squier get a set up).

Is there any other option?

please no unrelated, crap posts.

TL;DR need tele with humbucker in bridge. single in neck

There is a discontinued Squier model called the Telecaster Special (not the Special Tele) which turns up at GC occasionally ... probably old stock.

It's made of Alder, is stringthru (like the Fender Teles), and has the H bridge and SC neck. It was sold last year at the close-out price of $89.99, call it $90. An uncle got one from a Washington or Oregon GC while on a road trip last week since I asked him to be on the look out for this model and the discontinued Squier '51s.

It doesn't have a PG, but those are cheap and easy to find anyway. Good Luck!

why not just buy your self a MIM tele, and buy a stacked single coil humbucker thing n slam that in the bridge, it'd probly cost a bit, but its better than havin a squire imo...
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
Quote by friji
why not just buy your self a MIM tele, and buy a stacked single coil humbucker thing n slam that in the bridge, it'd probly cost a bit, but its better than havin a squire Squier imo...

*fixed*

No.

He wants it to be inexpensive. Play one through a decent tube amp ... a Fender Hotrod or a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II, just to cover all the bases, and it slays.

Quote by Ippon
There is a discontinued Squier model called the Telecaster Special (not the Special Tele) which turns up at GC occasionally ... probably old stock.

It's made of Alder, is stringthru (like the Fender Teles), and has the H bridge and SC neck. It was sold last year at the close-out price of $89.99, call it $90. An uncle got one from a Washington or Oregon GC while on a road trip last week since I asked him to be on the look out for this model and the discontinued Squier '51s.

It doesn't have a PG, but those are cheap and easy to find anyway. Good Luck!

thank you so much!

that looks a lot better than the one with cartoon vomit all over it.

EDIT: hmm now to quest for one
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Sep 7, 2008,