Ok, so ive been doing some experimenting with my gear, and ive found that its possible to get sounds similar to adam jones's rig. [not exactly, but similar]

Im using a blackheart bh5h, a jay turser jt50, and a boss ds1.

It took freaken weeks but ive got close to adams tone for You Lied off the Salvial album.

Lets start with the blackheart settings,
bass: turn it almost all the way up
Mid: probably a little past mid way
treb: around the same spot as the mid

Now the boss ds1
tone: probably around 11
Gain: 11

You might be able to use these settings with your guitar...
just as long as it has plenty of bottom end.
Tool is great.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
/\/\

Jones doesn't use Herberts; he's got two VH4s.

And it oddly doesn't seem Adam uses a ton of low end in his sound; more mids and treble than low end (I know is superbass settings are bass, treble and prescense at 0 and mids at 10), but he seems to have like a lowered prescense so it's a little mushier, but makes up for it by cranking the hell outta his amps so it's still really crisp and defined. His sound's one of my favorite. I can actually get really close with my rig too, but I'd much prefer to try it through a 4x12; there's just something about 4x12s that gives you an extra kick.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
/\/\

Jones doesn't use Herberts; he's got two VH4s.

And it oddly doesn't seem Adam uses a ton of low end in his sound; more mids and treble than low end (I know is superbass settings are bass, treble and prescense at 0 and mids at 10), but he seems to have like a lowered prescense so it's a little mushier, but makes up for it by cranking the hell outta his amps so it's still really crisp and defined. His sound's one of my favorite. I can actually get really close with my rig too, but I'd much prefer to try it through a 4x12; there's just something about 4x12s that gives you an extra kick.

One of the things is that he uses three or four amps at a time, each one for their bass, or treble, or middle, or whatever, and that combined makes his wonderful sound.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
One of the things is that he uses three or four amps at a time, each one for their bass, or treble, or middle, or whatever, and that combined makes his wonderful sound.

I know that. That's why he's got two different VH4s; one silverfaced which has more prescense and a brigther sound, and one bluefaced which has a more scooped tone.