hey guys, I was just at band practice tonight, and I think one of my speakers are blown. I have a berhringer 450 watt amp, which i know is horrible, but it was cheap and i wanted to be heard. I was running it into a single Ampeg SVT 410 HE. The cab handles 500 watts and runs at 8 ohms. The head is vastly underrated in power, but im still wonder what could have caused this? Could it be a voice coil?
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
I'm probably going to say it was the amp more than the speakers. Just based off of the whole crap-fest that is Berhinger. I'd try a different head on the cab just to make sure. Or, wait for thefitz. He'll probably give you a lesson you won't soon forget.
if your head has more watts than your cab it was probably blown out and considering berhinger lies about how many watts their products have so yeah
Quote by Bonesaw
if your head has more watts than your cab it was probably blown out and considering berhinger lies about how many watts their products have so yeah

wait.. you broke an ampeg cab with a behringer head? D:
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by goest
I'm probably going to say it was the amp more than the speakers. Just based off of the whole crap-fest that is Berhinger. I'd try a different head on the cab just to make sure. Or, wait for thefitz. He'll probably give you a lesson you won't soon forget.

yeah, I've really learned learned my lesson. lucky for me the cab has a five year warrenty.

Quote by Bonesaw

Oh sorry man, I said underrated instead of overrated, berhinger likes to list the peak power output of their of amps instead of the continuous wattage which is much more accurate. Either way, im selling the piece of junk.
Quote by Serjem

wait.. you broke an ampeg cab with a behringer head? D:

sorry for the douple post, but yes I believe I've damged an Ampeg with Berhinger. I dont know if I want to live in a world where things like that can happen.
you can check the speakers w/ a 9volt battery but you have to take the cabinet apart.
touch the wires of the speaker to the correct polarity on the battery and you should be able to see the speaker push out. if it does push out then the speakers is fine.
Quote by Acefl
you can check the speakers w/ a 9volt battery but you have to take the cabinet apart.
touch the wires of the speaker to the correct polarity on the battery and you should be able to see the speaker push out. if it does push out then the speakers is fine.

The drivers can be damaged without being totally useless.
Quote by Acefl
yeah they will still work but, you will get noise.

i know its useable, but i want to know why it happened.