Hey mate, you've already critiqued my work so I'm returning the favour

This track does show a lot of your experimental vibe. Good use of out of key arpeggio to create that odd atmosphere that doesn't quite fit, resembling something very unknown.

Secondly, I was blown away by how clean you kept them at that speed! You are obviously highly talented and you maintain control of even these lightning sweeps/runs with great accuracy. Very, very impressed.

I can hear the Malmsteen in your blood from a mile away; your tone is highly resemblant of his as well as style. All I ask is that you don't go down the same road as him haha.

Look at your speed as a mechanism to create, rather than composing around your fast playing.

All in all, I like what you did with this; It's original and it evokes something that I scarcely hear in other music. You have shown that it is GOOD to experiment.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
Quote by Hot Pants
Hey mate, you've already critiqued my work so I'm returning the favour

This track does show a lot of your experimental vibe. Good use of out of key arpeggio to create that odd atmosphere that doesn't quite fit, resembling something very unknown.

Secondly, I was blown away by how clean you kept them at that speed! You are obviously highly talented and you maintain control of even these lightning sweeps/runs with great accuracy. Very, very impressed.

I can hear the Malmsteen in your blood from a mile away; your tone is highly resemblant of his as well as style. All I ask is that you don't go down the same road as him haha.

Look at your speed as a mechanism to create, rather than composing around your fast playing.

All in all, I like what you did with this; It's original and it evokes something that I scarcely hear in other music. You have shown that it is GOOD to experiment.

Wow thanks for the com pliment.I'm nowhere near malmsteen as far as those areas,and it's funny because(i barely even listen to him),but i was just trying to experiment with an uptempo backing track which is a tad different from all the other slowed down tripped out stuff on my page,and the only thing that would fit was some diminished arpeggios over that type of meter to make it effective and also some fast palm muted triplet runs with a harmonic minor or minor flavor,so i was just trying to do what i thought fit. So if i sounded like him by default,i'll ake it as a HUGE compliment. Thanks for the tip about using speed only as a tool but not a means to an end.I think once we build a certain level of chops we all fall in to that trap in some way or another.Thanks again.
Last edited by urbanmyth at Sep 3, 2008,