okay, i dunno if this is at all possible, but if it is...yea. Basically, I've gotten a new computer, and downloaded some music to put on my ipod (which i used with my last comp) and i went to put the music on my ipod but it says i need to erase everything on my ipod in order to synchronize with the new library.
Is there any possible way to put music on my ipod without doing this?

ps the music is the nevermore discography in case anyones interested :P
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
There are a few programs around that act like iTunes and allow you to put stuff on and copy stuff off your ipod without syncing to a new library.

Unfortunately I can't remember what any of them are called but they do exist and they work pretty damn well.
Quote by Beast-Wyvern
okay, i dunno if this is at all possible, but if it is...yea. Basically, I've gotten a new computer, and downloaded some music to put on my ipod (which i used with my last comp) and i went to put the music on my ipod but it says i need to erase everything on my ipod in order to synchronize with the new library.
Is there any possible way to put music on my ipod without doing this?

ps the music is the nevermore discography in case anyones interested :P

Nope you can't.

It's one of the defining features of the iPod, that it's probably the worst mp3 player going.
That's what I had to do whenI got a new pc aswell.

There's no way around it I don't think.
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
well here's what I would do:

1. enable your compy to see hidden folders (folder options)
2. go into your ipod/ipod control/
3. Copy all of the files in the music folder to the HD
4. Do the ****ty erase thing
5. Re hookup the ipod, enable MANUAL disk use. Auto sucks the wang.

Or you can use a program on the net to transfer files to the compy.
Or whenever you open iTunes, select your iPod (just like you would when you want to sync it) and below the sync option select manually manage music. You're all set. You just drag what you want over to where it says your iPod's name on the left side of the screen.
when you plug it in go to ipod options and select the thing that allows you to manually manage your music.

tihs means you can also go to friends computers and put their music on it wihout losing ur stuff for theirs.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
when you plug it in go to ipod options and select the thing that allows you to manually manage your music.

tihs means you can also go to friends computers and put their music on it wihout losing ur stuff for theirs.

I tried this, but what do i do next? I tried going to my library but it wouldnt let me drag any music into the ipod folder/file thing.
We walked into the night

When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Quote by stratguy335
It should just drag right into it. You're under the music tab in your iTunes, right?

yeah but when i move the file or playlist over the ipod the little circle with a line through it appears
also, reseting doesnt help
We walked into the night

When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Last edited by Beast-Wyvern at Sep 3, 2008,
Type into google Idump and download it.
This program lets you move all your songs onto your computer and then get them back once your ipod is syncronized.
Also, only iPod thread.