im looking at getting a new overdrive pedal and am wondering a few things, like if there are some differences between these making it worth getting more than one.

Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tech-21-SansAmp-Bass-Driver-DI?sku=480206

Fulltone Bassdrive
http://www.lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=16799

MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box with Distortion
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M80-Bass-Direct-Box-with-Distortion?sku=151110

im wondering if the MXR is more like the Boss ODB-3 in that it could be called fuzz. do sansamp or fulltone have any distortion or what exactly do they add? i was able to find clips for the sansamp but wasnt sure if it was the pedal or the rest of the equipment that sounded so nice.

also, other than the ability to program 3 tones, is there a difference between these two:

Tech 21 SansAmp 3-Channel Programmable Bass Driver DI
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tech-21-SansAmp-3Channel-Programmable-Bass-Driver-DI?sku=151780

Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tech-21-SansAmp-Bass-Driver-DI?sku=480206

any other comments or opinions are appreciated as well... thanks for help.
MXR is a no go.

I would strongly recomend Fulltone but since I dont know much about Tech21 atleast give it a shoot =)
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
also, does anyone know if using the power supply makes a difference or if its the same as using batteries (before the batteries run out).
I have a Fulltone and it's bloody amazing. It's an overdive pedal so don't expect seriously heavy/fuzzy sounds, it's designed to sound like a tube amp breaking up. It has a great range of tones from a clean boost to a slightly dirty Ampeg-y sound to a fantastic full-on overdrive and all of this with no loss of low end and the ability to cut through fine in a band situation.

I bought the Fulltone over the other two because to me it was clearly the better pedal, however, what kind of equipment are you currently using? This is not a pedal that can be used to disguise a bad tone from a low quality bass/amp, it does not alter your tone at all, only adds grit to it.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
You might also be interested in the ashdown overdirve pedal .
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i have a 5-string traben array limited and swr 12inch+tweeter 200W combo amp. the very low end already has a pretty nice rumble/growl to it while clean and the higher end can put out a decent punchy and clean precise sound with the tweeter (which ill probably have to turn off with the overdrive on).

changing/adding to the sound is why i asked about the sansamp samples.. im not sure i know whats being added because it might just be an already good setup being used in those samples. i have a boss ODB-3 and im thinking it adds different sound than the sansamp and fulltone, while the mxr is more like the boss.

can anyone confirm that and maybe help describe them?
Quote by indie-bassist
I have a Fulltone and it's bloody amazing. It's an overdive pedal so don't expect seriously heavy/fuzzy sounds, it's designed to sound like a tube amp breaking up. It has a great range of tones from a clean boost to a slightly dirty Ampeg-y sound to a fantastic full-on overdrive and all of this with no loss of low end and the ability to cut through fine in a band situation.

I bought the Fulltone over the other two because to me it was clearly the better pedal, however, what kind of equipment are you currently using? This is not a pedal that can be used to disguise a bad tone from a low quality bass/amp, it does not alter your tone at all, only adds grit to it.

All I can say is +1.

The Fulltone is incredible.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The fact that you marked this thread with a pot leaf makes me turn away in disgust...GOOD DAY, Sir!
I've owned both the Sansamp and the Fulltone and of the two I favor the Sansamp much more. All the tones I got out of the Fulltone seemed to be way too thick and overbearing. I hear people talking about getting slight drives out of it, but this is not something I was able to do. To me it sounded very similar to the Boss ODB I used to have.

The Sansamp has a completely different sound, it creates a brittle/biting overdrive, which is what I was looking for. The sound samples on the website are it being used as a DI, so that's all the Sansamp making the tone.
I singlehandedly started the Fulltone craze so nothing needs to be said there. However, don't forget that the Fulltone is a straight up overdrive pedal, while the other two's (arguably) main features are their DIing capabilities. Keep that in mind. If you don't plan on using it as a DI, I'd not bother with either of them.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by goest
The fact that you marked this thread with a pot leaf makes me turn away in disgust...GOOD DAY, Sir!

thats too bad, sir. for me it helps symbolize freedom of choice, as well as feeling great among other things. im sorry it makes you feel disgust. to each his own.

i ordered the fulltone last night. ill probably try it out before trying getting anything else but im wondering if the fulltone and sansamp are different enough that someone would be interested in having both? and also is the programmable sansamp the exact same as the regular other than the fact that it has the ability to program 3 tones?
Quote by theWallofYAWN
thats too bad, sir. for me it helps symbolize freedom of choice, as well as feeling great among other things. im sorry it makes you feel disgust. to each his own.

i ordered the fulltone last night. ill probably try it out before trying getting anything else but im wondering if the fulltone and sansamp are different enough that someone would be interested in having both? and also is the programmable sansamp the exact same as the regular other than the fact that it has the ability to program 3 tones?

pretty much. also if you just want distortion i wouldn't recommend it however it has the ability to get a bunch of different tones. it also make almost any amp sound good. (my rumble 100 sounds like crap unless its plugged with a sansamp)
Quote by theWallofYAWN

I respect your decision and accept your apology.

P.S.-MXR is always fun, but you've already chosen by now, so I don't know why I'm continuing to type th....

P.S.S-Sorry, Delirium.
Having both? 100%. Again, the SansAmp is a DI where the Fulltone is a straight distortion box. You can bring the Fulltone with your amp rig to the gig, and your Fulltone with the SansAmp to the studio. Also, the SansAmp has some EQing options, where the Fulltone simply has a passive tone control. They'd go very well together. I doubt you'd be using the SansAmp for much distortion in a live setting, but both pedals give out very different distorted sounds, so maybe you'll use both.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I'm going to be different and recommend the EBS Valvedrive. It's one of, if not THE, only pedal that actually uses a tube for overdrive. It sounds amazing and is more or less an EQ pedal that overdrives.

If you're got the cash, get it. It can be found used for cheaper.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Fulltone GT-500 > Bassdrive

The GT-500 clips like the Fulldrive, which is the guitar version of the bass drive. It's not tuned for bass and doesn't get the same thickness.
Quote by Cody_Grey102