Ladies and gentlemen, my computer has decided to become psychic, in a quite frankly disturbing way.

At night, when other people in the house are sleeping, I use earphones. Because these earphones tend to amplify the sound of my music, thus deafening me, I have to turn the sound down after I've put them in. Since I got the laptop, I'd have to do this volume change myself.

However, in the last few days, I've been putting in the earphones as usual, but when I go to check the volume, it'll have been turned down already. Similarly, when I take the earphone's out, the volume will have increased back to it's normal level.

Now, I'm running Vista, which as we all know is the bitch of the computer world. So I'm surprised I haven't had messages up asking me to confirm the change.

Is my computer meant to do that, or am I some sort of mad sleep-walking computer expert?
Quote by TheDarkestNights
You're tripping balls.

this. acid=bad
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Maybe it just got the idea you always want it at that volume with / without the headphones so the efficiency of modern technology did it for you

C'mon, it's not that weird.
If you like it, don't complain, otherwise it will go away... That's sort of how the world works
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
nah man my laptop does the same thing
To all the villianous insects who preach their slanderous, dupliciticious loathing; to each beautiful walking laceration who made me weep and bleed ... I hope you choke

ROCK ON DUDES
That's cool.
I wish my laptop automatically changed its settings to work better, rather than totally malfunctioning whatever program I was running altogether.
Quote by Minkaro
Maybe you should swim in the River Severn. Just for kicks?

Yeah, that's you told

And thank you WyldeRaven

Fine. I'll do it at the estuary. Just for kicks.
It's SkyNet, they're taking over.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Whatever your audio manager is it's probably remembering your preferences for your different profiles. Most sound chips these days will detect when you plug something into the audio jacks. Do you just use the laptop speakers normally?
Quote by Minkaro
Ladies and gentlemen, my computer has decided to become psychic, in a quite frankly disturbing way.

it's far from disturbing. i would pay for my laptop to do the same thing.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
you're computer is just toying with your emotions.. it's acting this way because it's deleted a lot off your hard drive and doesn't want you to suspect it.
look into this.

joke.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by metacarpi
It's SkyNet, they're taking over.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
My soundcard has a thing where it goes into headphone mode when you plug something into the headphone jack, maybe yours has something similar?
it's a handy-dandy new thing they install on new computers these days which automatically lower the volume when you plug headphones in because the computer is smart and makes your ears go boom boom. But seriously my mac has separate volumes for when the headphones are in or out So you don't have to keep turning it up and down all the time.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12