This is what i am looking for in a guitar. I was thinking maybe a seagull S6 acoustic electric cut away but i figured id get some more opinions and check em out.

low action
easy to play
great sounding
acoustic/electric
either cutaway or dreadnaught

Please post the brand and model if you can for a guitar that meets these specs for around $600.
It's hard to go wrong with a seagull from what I've seen. All very good guitars, heard good reviews for the S6 too.

I bought a Breedlove AD25/SM. Same price range. Mine plays wonderfully and has a nice rich tone. It's a cutaway ac/el. I really really love it. I've had no bad experiences with any breedloves yet, but make sure you play on it a lot before you buy too, I haven't tested that many.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Breedlove-Atlas-Series-AD25SM-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=512404

It's listed at 800 here, but I payed 600 for it less than a month ago.
Quote by dcvlehr
This is what i am looking for in a guitar. I was thinking maybe a seagull S6 acoustic electric cut away but i figured id get some more opinions and check em out.

low action
easy to play
great sounding
acoustic/electric
either cutaway or dreadnaught

Please post the brand and model if you can for a guitar that meets these specs for around $600.

low action isnt really much of a deciding point for buying a guitar. any guitar can be set up properly to have low action.

i really dont think you can go wrong with a seagull. they play like a hot knife through butter if you get it set up right.

my personal favourite seagull so far is the coastline mini jumbo with spruce top. that thing shimmered with brughtness but blew out quite a bit of low end and volume at the same time. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with them at all.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I'd say you're going to want to be looking at 3 brands primarily. Those are Alvarez, Epiphone masterbuilts, and of course Seagulls. Another is Breedlove. All of these will have offerings matching the criteria you've presented. Narrow down the field based on a bit of research on your part(going to the sites for them all and read read read). Then when you have 3 or 4 guitars in mind, go to the nearest guitar store(s) that have them and play them all. This last bit is critical, since you will never truly know what suits you best until you play them for yourself. Happy hunting!
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Breedlove-Atlas-Series-AD20SM-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=512408

Great guitar, and on clearence right now. No cutaway or electronics, but honestly unless its and AURA, or has a built in condensor mic, factory electronics aren't that great. I'm not really into having a hole cut into the side of my guitar. You can install a pickup yourself for about $100 later.
Guild GAD-40C w/ PWM pickup
Martin 000-16GT
Washburn D10s-12
Fender Jimmie Vaughan Strat
Schecter C-1+ (For SALE!)
Epiphone G-400 Ltd. w/ EMG's