I've just found out my local music shop is doing interest free HP so I'm very seriously considering buying one of two things:

• Takamine EF108, black with turquoise snowflake inlays. It sounds so good it makes my heart skip a beat, and I'm not able to find any reviews of it on the net (info about it, preamp etc. would be appreciated)
  • Orange Tiny Terror with a cab I haven't decided yet, which also sounds amazing with my Ibanez ARC300.

If it were any other guitar than that Takamine I would almost certainly go for the amp, because at the moment I play through a squire SP10 which came with my first guitar. It's different now though because according to the music shops website this guitar is special edition and I'm worried I may never see one again.

I know in the end it comes down to my decision but I'd like to hear what other people have to say. Thanks
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Amps are more important than guitars tonally speaking.

If you really like the guitar, go for it. I personally don't think that would be beneficial in the long run.
unless you are extremely flamboyant you'll get the amp
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Amps are more important than guitars tonally speaking.

If you really like the guitar, go for it. I personally don't think that would be beneficial in the long run.

Yeah, the amp would usually come first for me. But my only acoustic is a classical which is stuffed to say the least, it's on my profile if you want to see it. So the takamine is also quite important to me. Also tiny terrors are easy to get.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by EnyoAdonai
Yeah, the amp would usually come first for me. But my only acoustic is a classical which is stuffed to say the least, it's on my profile if you want to see it. So the takamine is also quite important to me. Also tiny terrors are easy to get.

It's your call anyways, it was just my two cents.
Quote by GmacD
unless you are extremely flamboyant you'll get the amp

Are you saying unless I want to stand out, get the amp?
I don't think the guitar would make me stand out at all, but it sounds so brilliant acoustically. I've yet to try it plugged in though, because I'd consider changing to a cool tube preamp if I were to buy it

EDIT: 100% of people I've asked have thought amp, I guess that is a more realistic thing to purchase. Am I missing anything by not owning a steal stringed acoustic?
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Last edited by EnyoAdonai at Sep 3, 2008,
Quote by EnyoAdonai
Are you saying unless I want to stand out, get the amp?
I don't think the guitar would make me stand out at all, but it sounds so brilliant acoustically. I've yet to try it plugged in though, because I'd consider changing to a cool tube preamp if I were to buy it

EDIT: 100% of people I've asked have thought amp, I guess that is a more realistic thing to purchase. Am I missing anything by not owning a steal stringed acoustic?

Unless you play acoustic religiously, nothing much.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Unless you play acoustic religiously, nothing much.

Thanks for help all, amp seems to be the wise decision. So I guess I'll go in tomorrow and get them to order it in then I'll test it with some cabs.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Ain't ARC300s awesome? That said you have a good guitar, albeit not an elec/acoustic but it has awesome tone. I also have a decent EA as well and I play it a lot less than I do my electrics guitars. I vote amp, it's going to improve your tone more than putting any good guitar in front of a "starter" amp.
You're asking this in the amp section... what did you expect?

If you want support for the takamine, ask this in the acoustic section :-)

Only you know which of the two is more important to you right now. Great acoustic tone, or great electric tone.

Either way you're rokken!