Hey guys,
New guitar incoming!
I can get a Schecter Hellraiser or an LTD M1000 for the same price. I can't try any of them out and both guitars almost have identical specs *both have EMG's to* so which guitar has the best build qulity and which should I choose.
I'm getting it shipped for the US so I can't try it.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Hey guys,
New guitar incoming!
I can get a Schecter Hellraiser or an LTD M1000 for the same price. I can't try any of them out and both guitars almost have identical specs *both have EMG's to* so which guitar has the best build qulity and which should I choose.
I'm getting it shipped for the US so I can't try it.

The LTD M1000 and the Hellraiser have different necks, choose which one you like more : )
Did you read the last line :P
The neck on my SG G400 is slightly to thick and the one on my 770 is more lead orientated. I have played my mates new H1000 but this is the older M1000 with no abalone binding nad **** so would the neck be the same?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
I'd get the Schecter.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
hellraiser

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Schecter any day ^^
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
I see... now what is it that makes the Schecter the choice of my fellow UGers ?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Did you read the last line :P
The neck on my SG G400 is slightly to thick and the one on my 770 is more lead orientated. I have played my mates new H1000 but this is the older M1000 with no abalone binding nad **** so would the neck be the same?

the neck of the hellraiser is known be to be quite "thick" (thats what she said), while the ESP's generally have thinner necks... so just make sure you know what you prefer, dont want to spend thousands of dollars just to regret
Hmm, how can i make this very clear...

Try both guitars for yourself and buy the one you like the feel of most.

K?

Personal opinions dont mean squat when it comes down to it. What really matters is which you like.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I'm not all that worried because no matter what one i buy I can always sell it for more in Australia..... =D!!!!
The hellraiser looks sooooo nice *cherry fixed bridge* but I'm not really after a thick neck. Does anyone know if the new deluxe series necks are the same as the older deluxe series necks?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by .arkness:.
Hmm, how can i make this very clear...

Try both guitars for yourself and buy the one you like the feel of most.

K?

Personal opinions dont mean squat when it comes down to it. What really matters is which you like.

sadly, i dont think a single store in my city of 3 million (brisbane) stocks any Hellraisers or any high end ESP's, (by high end i mean over 200) welcome to Australia, where guitars cost 3 times as much and guitars are really hard to find.
Just try a lower end M series guitar. As the M series mostly have thin U shaped necks.
Signatures are overrated.
Epic_Chef .... he's actually from Australia :P
But we educate more people about our situation so we don't keep getting 'Second hand 5150' to every amp thread when they are almost non existant over here :P
I could probably try an M series but a Hellraiser is pretty damn hard to find here in perth, hopefully music park has both in stock *fingers crossed*.

So what made so many of you vote for the Shecter over the LTD?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Well, for me... like I said, I just hate LTD. This will sound stupid, but every guy I know that has an LTD guitar in my area is a massive poser, and a shit guitar player... please don't flame me lol
Personally, I'd take the LTD over the Schecter. Granted, they are almost identical in terms of spec, but having played both guitars, the Schecter's neck is way too thick and finished for me. The LTD's neck was incredibly comfortable and slick, despite having a finished feel.

However, this was just my personal opinion; I'm too used to mega slick thin necks ala Wizard and Jackson but I bet the next poster will say Ibanez anorexic necks suck.
They are both great quality.... the new Schecter Hellraisers comes with the EMG with the coil split function, so you'd be able to get single coil sounds out of it!

The main difference - the neck!
ESP has a thinner neck, which most wild shredders seems to prefer! Schecter necks is befier, but not as thick as Gibson necks.... Personally I prefer the thicker Schecter necks!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
since about 1999 i have had just about every brand of guitar bc rich, jackson, ibanez, schecter, esp ltd, washburn epiphone the list goes on but the reason my two main are fairly cheap ltds is after all the abuse and tuning changes from a to e on a licenced floyd rose my ltds never falter i have had my one mh100qm since like 2003 and other than the once a year i might have to get it set up its great and let me tell you i strait up abuse a tremlo my first real guitar was a jackson kelly pro with a real floyd on it duncons the whole 9 and even onr that guitar i brock 2 springs and couldnt ever get the buzz out of it for like 3 years i keep this thing trying to make it work but always ran in to walls as with any other guitar i have owned so for my money id say ltd espesialy if you got the extra cash for a m 1000 i played a m100 with upgraded pickups one time and feel in love and if some doush bag hadent bought it from under me it would be mine
ltd all the way
FYI, there's a guitar world in Goldcoast which would have both guitars in question. not far from brisbane at all.

Also, i didnt know the TS was Howey, heh. My opinion = ESP LTD
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Cost wise I think you are comparing a hell raiser-fr vs a ec1000. The hard tail version is alot cheaper.

Offtopic: the Schecter blackjack atx has almost the same finish as the vintage black ec-1000 but w/ black-chrome hardware and blackouts.

Question: doesn't both brands come from like the same damn factory?
I know that the Hellraisers are cheaper, by approx 500-600. Which is a significant amount.
Last edited by silly hats at Sep 4, 2008,
The hellraiser is roughly $1999 in Aus at retail price. the ESP M-1000 is $2000 at Bmusic.com.au, $2500~ elsewhere.

Effectively, they're the same price.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
The hellraiser is roughly $1999 in Aus at retail price. the ESP M-1000 is $2000 at Bmusic.com.au, $2500~ elsewhere.

Effectively, they're the same price.

billy hyde sells the hellraisers for 1300...
My bad, must have gone down since i last checked? Its been a while since i've bothered looking at Schecters. I remember it being $1999~ at guitars.com.au Checked and they dont have schecter listed anymore.

I tried billy hyde but it seems to have a problem with Firefox for me. Some pages dont like to load, so i didnt get to check,
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Well both guitars are second hand *mint condition * and are the same price give or take $20. I LOVE the look of the hellraiser but something keeps pulling me towards the LTD. Would the neck on the hellraiser be thicker then the neck on my Epiphone G400?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Well both guitars are second hand *mint condition * and are the same price give or take $20. I LOVE the look of the hellraiser but something keeps pulling me towards the LTD. Would the neck on the hellraiser be thicker then the neck on my Epiphone G400?

I think you like the looks of the hellraiser more, but deep down you know that playability will be better on the LTD.

Dont pick a guitar for looks, IF thats what your doing.
I prefer Esp/Ltd's over Schecters but the C1 is a nice guitar, schecter's feel slower in my hands because of the neck
In my experience, all ESP M, and MH series necks (not plain H series, dont ask me why) all felt the same to me. very thin, very fast, very "leady". if you can get ahold of any M series guitar, even if its lower, give the neck a good run. If it fits right in your hand, nab the m series.

otherwise, roll schecter.

I have the S1 blackjack, and I love it. Superb build quality for a korean, and it's takin a beating. sounds great through just about any rig too. and I understand the necks on the S and C series are very similar. both play amazingly, but it is fatter than the M.

Really, I'd be leary of buying a guitar before you play it. I personally don't order online myself.

but ify ou can't try it out, and you can always make a profit on selling it in australia, by all means, by the one thats prettier. if it doesn't work out, sell it, get the other.
Way to resurrect an old dead thread.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Yeah i don't know why it was bumped... :S

UPDATE: I'm buying an ESP Horizon with the JB, 59 combo for the wonderful price of only $1050 Australian =D.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by Moe.

Refer to the part of my original post that said 'in my area', meaning my direct area, such as those at my school and such.
I considered schecters and LTD's and I ended up going with LTD. The thinner neck and 81/60 combination is what did it for me.
Guitars
Amps