Hi

Im not 100% sure if this is in the right place ... please dont kill me if it isnt :P
but i figured its to do with repair & **** .... but ANYWAY

a few months ago my brother was playing my old guitar (a cruiser by crafter strat copy) and somehow the buttonhole to attach the strap (both of them in fact) have come off. The thread must have been ruined because i can't just screw them back in.

So recently i decided i would relic & generally customise this guitar ... but i need to fix this problem before i can gig with it ... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks A Lot
glue them in? move them slightly and fill the holes with wood filler? those are your two options i believe
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
You can either fill them then redrill or you can get two screws with a slightly bigger thread. I did the latter on my strat and it's now fine.
glue them in? move them slightly and fill the holes with wood filler? those are your two options i believe

Thats the way to do it..

For a slightly stronger and more "repair" solution. Find a wooden dowel just slightly larger then the size of the hole. Using a compiniation of widdeling and sanding bring the size down for a tighty squeeze (just enough for a slight tap of a hammer pushes it in). Add a drop or two of gurilla glue, insert dowel, and cut of the rest and sand. Then re eplace the screws.

Or you could just through in a couple of tooth picks and gurilla glue -- good as new
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
You honestly don't need glues or any stuff like that.

Just put a dead matchstick into the hole, twist off the excess, then screw the button back on.

Works perfectly for me.