http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Iceman-400-Electric-Guitar?sku=519476&src=3SOSWXXA

I know it's discontinued, but I always buy used anyway. How hard would it be to get one of those, and put a floyd on it? Licensed, if that matters. can't afford a real one.

If it's too much/too hard I could always go for a BC Rich mockingbird ST which comes floyd equipped..

Alot of people are sketchy about BC rich though. In that case, what would you guys think of them?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Mockingbird-ST-Electric-Guitar?sku=512696

Nato wood, neck-thru.. seems like a solid guitar to me.
I (personally) would go with the Ibanez over the bc rich, If it was me doing it I also would have a custom shop do it, some people are a little more adventurous (or good with woodworking).

shouldn't be too hard
Ibanez> BC rich.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Ibanez> BC rich.

I want a floyd.. and the RG is so generic, and on top of that I already have one(with a FAT10 tremolo, not a floyd,, aka it sucks.)

Why are you guys saying Ibanez is better than BC rich? They may very well be, but you don't give me any reasons at all.

That mockingbird is very comparable to Schecters of the same price range.
Shouldn't be too difficult, if your comfortable with routing. Floyds are a similar height to T-O-Ms so neck angle shouldn't be too big a problem. If needs be you could recess the floyd. I'd get some more info on it first though, so wait for someone knowladgeable to come along...
If you want an Iceman with a floyd, why don't you just check out Sam Totman's sig guitar?
It's an EDGE III trem, tho..
You shall listen to Kamelot.
Go with the BC Rich. I have 4 and they have never failed me.
How much are you wanting to spend is the main question.
BC Rich>Ibanez any day.
Difficult, expensive and also not really advisable - you need to rout a big chunk out of the body, and to do that you'd ideally want to sand the body down and refinish it. It's also a complete waste of money unless you're going to put a good bridge in there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Oh okay nevermind then. Will look into that sam totman model..

I don't get why people hate bc rich.

I've played both ibanez and bc rich. Lower class bc rich sucks though
That BC Rich has real stability issues with the floyd.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
That BC Rich has real stability issues with the floyd.

Thats the biggest load of shit I have ever heard. Why would it have stability issues compared to any other guitar? Have you PLAYED the actual guitar he is going to buy? Just because you don't like the brand doesn't mean it will have issues.

I own a BC RICH with a Floyd and it has no issues. I would get the BC Rich if I were you TS as it would be a pain in the ass to install one on the iceman.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Thats the biggest load of shit I have ever heard. Why would it have stability issues compared to any other guitar? Have you PLAYED the actual guitar he is going to buy? Just because you don't like the brand doesn't mean it will have issues.

I own a BC RICH with a Floyd and it has no issues. I would get the BC Rich if I were you TS as it would be a pain in the ass to install one on the iceman.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and lol at oneblackened saying an original floyd rose doesnt stay in tune. even if you have played it which i doubt, the floyd probably wasnt set up. you fail
Last edited by necroscience13 at Sep 3, 2008,
You know what, I was wrong (according to you...). I'm jsut gonna pretend I never said that. Oh, and I wasn't saying that cause I didn't like the brand-I like some of them. I've just heard of issues with this one's floyd not staying in tune, even when it's parallel and locked down. So stop the F*cking flaming...

Oh, and it's not a real OFR.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 3, 2008,
^ yeah be nice to that guy hes cool (Y)
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
It says right there on the musicians friend link that he provided that its an Original Floyd Rose...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by oneblackened
You know what, I was wrong (according to you...). I'm jsut gonna pretend I never said that. Oh, and I wasn't saying that cause I didn't like the brand-I like some of them. I've just heard of issues with this one's floyd not staying in tune, even when it's parallel and locked down. So stop the F*cking flaming...

Oh, and it's not a real OFR.
The B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST features maple neck through construction, a nato mahogany body with a AAA quilted maple veneer, and a Floyd Rose Original tremolo. It's equipped with Rockfield Mafia Pickups, coil tap switches, reverse phase switch and the 5-position tone knob. Inspired by a Mockingbird that a certain top hat wearing legend plays, the Mockingbird ST is, in many ways, very true to the original.