Im currently deciding wether i want to give my yamaha rbx374 a face lift.

The back of it has belt rash, and the paintwork is in general alright, but i fancy a change.

Thats it there, im thinking a black background, with something over the top, im just really stuck for ideas.

I thought about having a black backround with <insert colour here> stripes over the top, but not horizontal or vertical, just mixed around to make a shattered* effect. *or whatever you want to call it.

Any ideas?
Some people may call me tasteless, but i personally think Rickenbackers are the ugliest basses to ever land on this earth.
Why not go with a black black ground and neon blue ripples as if the pick up's are causing the ripples
but basses have no nipples!

haha i think you could do some cool stenciling on that badboy, pick a cool picture, adjust the contrast on an image editing program to a very high setting, and use it as a stencil. if i also remember correctly from my buddy's bass, that thing has one hell of a clearcoat on it, so you may only want to scuff sand, not take the entire coat off.
------

Shwiggity.
i know someone who had an Ibanez that was painted blue, but when the paint dried he put water on it and let it bead up. Then he sprayed black paint on it from the side. After the paint and water dried it looked like it was wet. Very cool looking, kind of hard to describe. The black paint just made it look like the water drops never went away.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by deftonesordie
but basses have no nipples!

haha i think you could do some cool stenciling on that badboy, pick a cool picture, adjust the contrast on an image editing program to a very high setting, and use it as a stencil. if i also remember correctly from my buddy's bass, that thing has one hell of a clearcoat on it, so you may only want to scuff sand, not take the entire coat off.

Thats not a bad shout, i think il look into that, maybe lightning bolts or something coming from the pickups or sparks of some sort..

Neon blue is a must though. Looks ace against black.
Some people may call me tasteless, but i personally think Rickenbackers are the ugliest basses to ever land on this earth.