okay. i am not a noob. but this question is noobish. really sorry.

okay heres the scenario:
i just got my fender strat strung up with .10s and was just set up by a professional.
.10s is my normal gauge and this guitar i just got from a trade came with .09s which i didnt like so i sent if for a set up.

now the guitar is back, everything looks good. but one problem: the 1st string (e string) is SO DAMN HARD TO BEND. the amount of effort needed for me to do a full bend on my other guitar also strung up with .10s can even get me to a half bend on the strat.

i need to use so much strength to get a full bend(sort of). and doing that while playing is wel, impossible because it will slip from my fingers if i bend it so hard. it baffles me. because, the G and B strings are alright, but still a little hard to bend.

well, sigh. the problem definitely doesnt lie with me i'm sure. i might not have the strongest of fingers but i assure u that string is REALLY hard to bend. have u guys any.. any idea on what on earth is the problem?

thanks in advance
Just play with it for a while and you'll get better and stronger, i play with .11s, they WERE har to bend
you can tune your guitar half step down, the string will get more loose and you bend it easier, just a sugestion
Need a name to my band

Ozzy and Zakk ROCKS

Fuc*ing bad gear:
Squier Strat
Squier amp [from de pack --']
pedal ZOOM G2.1x

In terms of buying:
Fender 100W amp
wait till your fingers get stronger, or get lighter strings, what felt bad about them? most strats are set up with 9s, 10s tend to be for les pauls
My guess is there's too much break angle at either the nut or the bridge, which increases the tension. Check if the nut slot is cut too shallow? Dunno how that much it'd affect it, though.
Quote by stephen_rettie
wait till your fingers get stronger, or get lighter strings, what felt bad about them? most strats are set up with 9s, 10s tend to be for les pauls

i dont like the thin sound of .09s. i have a les paul and its strung with 10s too. that.. is really easy to bend.

and do note, i've tried playing an srv replica a friend of mine has. its strung with 13s and half step down. i swear... this guitar right now.. is even more difficult to bend than the srv strat i have right now.

damn.. am i pissed off. after waiting a week for that damn guitar now i've gotten one i cant even bend the first string
Quote by DudeLove
i dont like the thin sound of .09s. i have a les paul and its strung with 10s too. that.. is really easy to bend.

and do note, i've tried playing an srv replica a friend of mine has. its strung with 13s and half step down. i swear... this guitar right now.. is even more difficult to bend than the srv strat i have right now.

damn.. am i pissed off. after waiting a week for that damn guitar now i've gotten one i cant even bend the first string

les pauls are a different scale, thats why its usually 10s cause they ffel the same as 9s on a strat style.
i recently had the same problem actually, forced to restring with 10s on a strat and was struggling to play in general.
seriously just try 9s