hey just wondering if anyone knows whether you can get a 7 string version of the Dean MKH guitar? (Matt Heafy sig)

Just wondering because i really want a 7 string guitar, but i hate Ibanez Super Strats

oh and dont bother hating on Trivium i dont care if you dont like them.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
who knows, all i know is that he just uses dean 7 strings already so hed have one custom made but there probably isnt enough demand
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
If you don't like the Ibanez strat style 7 strings try the Xiphos, it's a stunningly good guitar and not as overpriced as most Deans.
You can get a razor back 7 string, which will be quite close, though expensive.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
thanks for the suggestions guys, i will have a look out for that xiphos, and i dont really like the razorback, or deans really for that matter as they feel and sound like much cheaper guitars than what you pay, i just thought the MKH would be different cause its got custom PUP's in it etc, iv seen it for $1000 online too which works out at about £500 with free uk shipping, which i thought is pretty cheap.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
thanks for the suggestions guys, i will have a look out for that xiphos, and i dont really like the razorback, or deans really for that matter as they feel and sound like much cheaper guitars than what you pay, i just thought the MKH would be different cause its got custom PUP's in it etc, iv seen it for $1000 online too which works out at about £500 with free uk shipping, which i thought is pretty cheap.

Is this from a US site or a UK site? Things tend to get inflated to hell when it reaches UK shores, so you may find it not as cheap as you think.

And if you're thinking about importing one from the US, you'll get hit by VAT Customs and all sorts of shit that will cost you major money and time.
Quote by Mwoit
Is this from a US site or a UK site? Things tend to get inflated to hell when it reaches UK shores, so you may find it not as cheap as you think.

And if you're thinking about importing one from the US, you'll get hit by VAT Customs and all sorts of shit that will cost you major money and time.

it was a US website that did free shipping, the link is here :http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-DEE-MKH-RS

so i would get import taxed to hell? i just thought it would be just like sending a package via airmail and you just pay postage costs.....

the only thing is its a 6 string model and i want a 7 string guitar.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Quote by mrbungle50221
it was a US website that did free shipping, the link is here :http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-DEE-MKH-RS

so i would get import taxed to hell? i just thought it would be just like sending a package via airmail and you just pay postage costs.....

I'm pretty sure that's only within US, but you can email to make sure.
Quote by Mwoit
I'm pretty sure that's only within US, but you can email to make sure.

i checked it sais free worldwide shipping
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Quote by mrbungle50221

1 - That website only ships to US, Canada and US territories; I know Britain has the "special relationship" but we're not that far along just yet.

Quote by AMS
International Customers
AMS is only able to ship internationally to Canada and US Territories. For shipping charges to these locations, please contact us at 1-800-458-4076 or 1-320-796-2088.

2 - Shipping and tax are extremely expensive; once you pay shipping and import costs you might as well have just found somewhere that sells them in the UK.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah I doubt you'll get free world wide shipping.

It says 'free ground shipping' any way, which is impossible outside the US

any way you shouldnt be looking at pickups as to whether to buy the guitar, they can be replaced easily, the build quality and feel and playability of the guitar is what you want, you wouldnt pass up the worlds best made guitar because it had stock pups, you would just replace them.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Yeah I doubt you'll get free world wide shipping.

It says 'free ground shipping' any way, which is impossible outside the US

any way you shouldnt be looking at pickups as to whether to buy the guitar, they can be replaced easily, the build quality and feel and playability of the guitar is what you want, you wouldnt pass up the worlds best made guitar because it had stock pups, you would just replace them.

no i just thought this dean would actually sound and feel good due to the custom pups and the fact the neck and everything is to his exact specification
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I bought the MKH not to long ago, and believe me when i say this it is one of the best guitars i have ever played, and also i got it at an extremely cheap price for it for £455 from a UK store, but they no longer have them, so i found you an alternate UK site that isn't as cheap but it is cheaper than the RRP
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=78074
I'm not aware of a 7 string MKH but it doesn't mean anything. Dean is infamous for doing short runs of customized guitars (different finishes, pickups, etc) so there could be one out there.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Pretty Sure Matts not with Dean anymore so i doubt that you will see any seven strings around anymore, matt seems to think his deans would be something of a collectors item one day (cant see how personally)

ESP do a number of seven strings including a 7-string Viper and the Steven Carpenter maybe they are worth a look but i dont actually think that they made one as word had it they were thinking about it when they left but i dont know whether thats true
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
well some dean are aready collector's items if you think about it. like the razorback skull v there's only like 2000 ever made or the dean blaze ml 600 ever made i think. all of their short run and custom instrument guitars are collector items. or the most famous one they have the razorback rust.
Old thread is old.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.