I may be moving to Ireland in a very short time and I want to know if I should bring all my guitar gear with me or if it's moderately cheap there. I googled and noticed technology is almost half as cheap there (like computers et such) but I had a bit of a harder time finding sites with musical gear.

Any Irish people who know?
Quote by ChrisN
...but before our bassist moved on to bass, he played guitar. He was trying to learn barre chords. To make his fingers stay, he sellotaped his whole hand to the fret board.
Then he got cramp and couldn't get the tape of without scissors.
one question...Northern Ireland or Republic or Ireland?

Republic tends to be abit dearer on most things as a rule..bar petrol and diesel
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
I dunno really, I don't shop in any of the music stores here, I buy all my stuff on Thomann.de Is it that much effort to bring the essentials with you?? Where are you moving to anyway?
I may be going to Belfast, and I know it's not much effort in packing them down, but I'd like a new metronome and tuner, and I don't think I should drag my crappy amp with me, so I was wondering. I think they're expensive here though and don't want to waste too much money upgrading. I think a capo is like 30 € and metronomes are quite expensive too.
Quote by ChrisN
...but before our bassist moved on to bass, he played guitar. He was trying to learn barre chords. To make his fingers stay, he sellotaped his whole hand to the fret board.
If going to the republic, Bring amp et al with you, everything is ridiculously expensive unless bought online. Not so much capos/tuners/metronomes, but bring anything with you thats worth over €200.

Check www.waltons.ie for the price of stuff in the republic
Quote by Dmullar
If going to the republic, Bring amp et al with you, everything is ridiculously expensive unless bought online. Not so much capos/tuners/metronomes, but bring anything with you thats worth over €200.

Check www.waltons.ie for the price of stuff in the republic

I'm torn on wether or not to bring my amp, cus it SO bad and cost me 100 € 3 years ago, but my first more pricy ting I'm getting is a computer and loudspeakers for it, so I don't know if I should leave it behind. But it is a bit of a hassle to bring along. If they toss bags around it might break and I'm planning on taking the guitar as an extra package but where do I put my amp??
Quote by ChrisN