So I just installed a Hercules hanger and came into a bit of a problem.

I only had a somewhat short 1/16" drill bit for a pilot hole. I figured it should be long enough, of course I was wrong. I'm about a 1/16" short of full depth.

So while I did get a stud top and bottom, the hanger itself isn't flush against the wall. About 1/16" gap on top, maybe 1/32" on the bottom.

I carefully put a guitar on it and while the hanger is obviously resting on the screws, it feels solid. Should I take the guitar off immediately and high-tail it to Home Depot for a longer bit, or should it be alright as is?

Visually its fine, unless you're right on top of it, you'd never notice. I just don't want one of my babies falling to its doom.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Can't you just keep turning the crews until you've cut into the studs deep enough? If they're wood screws and you're screwing into wood studs the pilot hole just makes it easier to get the screws started.
Moving on.....
You know, I really thought that'd be the case and I'd be able to...

...Yeah...I can't.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Oh well. A drill bit is pretty cheap so you might as well bite the bullet and go for it. I wouldn't leave the hanger only half installed (not all the way down to the wall) as it is designed to be mounted firmly to the wall for maximum strength.
Moving on.....
I agree...

I left one of my heaviest guitars on it for a while (Maybe 3 hours) and its fine so far.

My lightest guitar is currently on it. I don't think its in danger of falling as moving those screws is a VERY difficult proposition, but soon as I can correct it, I'm going to.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Indeed.

A buddy of mine has his (Grr...) 6 PRS guitars all hanging from Hercules hangers. If they're good enough for him, they're good enough for my LTDs.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
I took my guitar off it last night after I heard a creak when putting it back on.

I'm going to my in-laws tonight and my father-in-law just so happens to have a RIDICULOUSLY stocked wood shop. So, I'm going to borrow a proper bit and perhaps some slightly longer screws.

I'll be happier once I know its solid to the wall.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
K, so I won't be going to my in-laws tonight

I'm going to hang the bit out of the chuck a little further tonight and try and drill a bit deeper.

Now the question is, have I compromised the hole I'm screwing into? In other words, since I've already threaded a screw into the stud and am only drilling maybe 3/32" extra, will the screws have the same holding strength when I re-install them?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头