As my title stated, where do they go? Aren't the Emg's active, so they need battery (i am not talking about the Emg-hz passive). Would you need to put battery on them? Is there a EMG active that doesn't need battery? Would they still work without batteries, how about the sound without battery (bad?)?

EDIT: Do i need to make a hole for the battery
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
See if you can put the battery in the back cavity, it should be big enuf on an LP
The battery will probably fit in the space where the pots go, though if you don't cover it with foam or something it'll touch the wires and pots and cause it to short.
WHAT? I didn't know it would go there guys? N i need to change it every month or so? Dang that's a troublesome thing (for me too lazy).
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
WHAT? I didn't know it would go there guys? N i need to change it every month or so? Dang that's a troublesome thing (for me too lazy).

Take the screws off the cavity cover and put tape round the sides so it stays put, then its easy to access and protected

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
EMG's don't eat batteries quickly, its like 3000 hours of play before they run out. Just unplug the guitar when you aren't playing.
Quote by angeldef

Batterys last about a year or longer if you get in the habit of unpluging the cable when your done playing. So if you are too lazy to change them once a year then I doubt your even energetic enough to play guitar in the first place lol
its 4 screws you lazy bastard

if you're crafty you could probably cut a hole one of those quick access battery compartments into the cover (doub't they'd fit though.... the ones on stewmac are 33.34mm deep)

the battery lasts quite a while...like a year or so
its set up so the system is basically turned off when you have the cable unplugged
Does Zack Wyld do this too? It must make him crazy ... then again he got money and people to do things. I think i'll just get myself a passive pickup to replace it. I'm getting a Gibson LP studio lite, with emg in the neck and 500T in the bridge, i wish the guy didn't replace the stock 496R in the neck, though people say its muddy. Hmmmm.... maybe get some gibson burst bucker pros
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
Does Zack Wyld do this too? It must make him crazy ... then again he got money and people to do things. I think i'll just get myself a passive pickup to replace it. I'm getting a Gibson LP studio lite, with emg in the neck and 500T in the bridge, i wish the guy didn't replace the stock 496R in the neck, though people say its muddy. Hmmmm.... maybe get some gibson burst bucker pros

I've seen some pretty lazy people but I think you take the cake..... :stickpoke
^Haha, no i ain't lazy i was just kidding, common guys .

But i guess i'll get a tech or something to do it once a year
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
- Zakk Wylde is crazy (he thinks MGs have "crushing overdrive" )
- He's got people to do it for him
seriously, changing the battery is less work and easier than changing strings and you have to do it like 20 times less anyway

mixing active and passive pickups is sometimes a bit iffy (though it works ok on les pauls because they have separate controls for each pickup)
^thanks, well its not my idea. The guitar comes like that from a guy and he doesn't have the stock 496R, what a bummer.....
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
How often do you tihkn I should cvhange the battery? in time.. :P
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by angeldef

you don't want to put EMGs in...so you decide on Burstbuckers...? Nothing alike.

Does this guitar you're getting have a buffer in the middle? how do the active and passive pickups mix, otherwise?
^^ Unless you're gigging regularly, just change it when the battery runs out. Your pickup' svolume decreases by about 95% when this happens so its fairly obvious.
Quote by forsaknazrael
you don't want to put EMGs in...so you decide on Burstbuckers...? Nothing alike.

Does this guitar you're getting have a buffer in the middle? how do the active and passive pickups mix, otherwise?

The emg in the neck is on it already, its a used guitar, i just thought putting the burstbucker will make it sound better than LP standard. I'm going to get it today, but will see if i like the sound.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Isnt a 500 T a passive pickup? If so it's likely that its been disconnected as you cant run actives with passives in the same circuit.
Quote by Meatball200
Isnt a 500 T a passive pickup? If so it's likely that its been disconnected as you cant run actives with passives in the same circuit.

You can run them together but if you dont take the time to do it correctly theres going to be a huge volume difference.
What? You mean i might not have a middle position? So its a killswitch or i might have one but it will some like ehhhhhh? Dang hopefully its none of those, and its really good guitar
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Nvm, i just talk to the guy and he said its a passive emg. It does not have hz so its not an emg-hz. Hmmm... he said its either 85 or 81, i never heard of an emg 81 or 85 being passive, but cool
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
^Haha, no i ain't lazy i was just kidding, common guys .

But i guess i'll get a tech or something to do it once a year

It's 4 screws. Then a simple unplugging of one battery, and a plugging in of another. Then you screw those 4 screws back up. It's a 5 minute job.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.

It's 4 screws. Then a simple unplugging of one battery, and a plugging in of another. Then you screw those 4 screws back up. It's a 5 minute job.

I guess you didn't get the sarcasm in that comment, i even put the smily to make it obvious
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^ohh, really can you give me a link of that. I tried google but found nothing? Anyways i took the guitar it was really nice, no dents or scratches (well, has unseen scratches that you give from everyday playing like picking or polishing). It sounded great with the 500T very cool, now i wonder if the 496R are that bad for a person to change it ( many reviewers on harmony central say that its muddy and not good for hard rock but good for blues, jazz, clean). But its very nice studio lite, very light and has a pickup guard and just really nice (i say better than LP standard and the custom i played at guitar center, this neck is better its slimmer but rounder at the same time). The EMG rocks, its one of the first time i really like the emg, maybe its because its a gibson

Yes, it doesn't say hz it just say EMG, though. I can't really see an emg being just passive, then again it sound really good with the 500T so it probably is....

I actually got a picture from the seller without the pickup guard, he just installed it when he meet up with me

As you can see (or maybe not) it just say EMG, no select or anything else....
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
^hmmm...mine don't say anything beside EMG......
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W