I guess this is kind of a pointless thread but i want to know how i am doing, as noone who lives close to me has been playing for a similair amount of time. I have played for around 4.5 months, and have taken no lessons. Songs i can play so far are, under the bridge, wonderful tonight, canon, Unholy confessions, Enter sandman (with solo, but it sounds terrible with no wah), sweet child o mine (with solo) and i am currently learning like light to flies by trivium.

I dont no if this matters but i have a
Schecter 006 elite diamond series ( i got it for 250 from local music store because of a few scratches)
and a Line 6 spider III 15 wat (guitar center ripped me off)
If you are pleased with what you have accomplished in that time, then you are doing well.

There is no official chart of skill/time that i know of :p
Quote by gaga94
I guess this is kind of a pointless thread but i want to know how i am doing, as noone who lives close to me has been playing for a similair amount of time. I have played for around 4.5 months, and have taken no lessons. Songs i can play so far are, under the bridge, wonderful tonight, canon, Unholy confessions, Enter sandman (with solo, but it sounds terrible with no wah), sweet child o mine (with solo) and i am currently learning like light to flies by trivium.

I dont no if this matters but i have a
Schecter 006 elite diamond series ( i got it for 250 from local music store because of a few scratches)
and a Line 6 spider III 15 wat (guitar center ripped me off)

You can do the full sweet child o mine solo? The last one?
Very good if you can =)
And also, you should of got the Spider III 75.
Quote by jacobparker
You can do the full sweet child o mine solo? The last one?
Very good if you can =)
And also, you should of got the Spider III 75.

actually i dont think he should have gotten a spider at all
Yes i can play the full sweet child o mine solo, i also forgot to add i can play all of the intro to fade to black (solo) which isnt really challenging but i love that solo.

I completely agree i think the spider sounds like crap, but some people would like it , its just a different (and strange no offence) taste. When i started looking for guitars, i hadnt researched amps yet so when i went into guitarcenter to try out a few guitars, I saw the schecter on sale and i needed it. Knowing nothing about amps or tone in general, i asked a sales assosciate for help, and i was looking at a cube 30 at first, but then he reccomended me the spider and i thought he was trustworthy , and by the time i got on these forums and read about that POS amp, and realised its crappyness, it was to late =-(, but i am replacing it around christmas with an Randall MTS or Peavey JSX or a egnater tourmaster YAY
I'd say you're starting to look like a guitarist but then I would also say that progress, at least relative to other people, is absolutely unmeasurable.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.