a tele is shorter. the strat is the one you see everywhere. go on fender.com

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Well
The strat and tele have similar but differant tones.

The tele is a one of a kind sound, as with the strat, the tele sound is a kind of higher pitch then the strat, you should really go on youtube.com and research into the sound.
The bridge pick up of the tele is produces the iconic telecaster tone, of which is very nice.

The strat, is more versatile guitar, does abit of everything. I like the cleans of the strat but it can also be distorted and not sound stupid. Again check youtube.

I own both american standard versions of both these guitars, Personally i prefer the sound and body of the strat, but that just a personal opinion.

hope that helps
The telecaster has different pickups than the strat. its got a lipstick tube pickup in the neck position giving a smooth, warm tone. as well theres only 2 pickups giving only 3 pickup selections, instead of 3 pickups and 5 position pickep selector on the strat. and generally, theres no whammy bar on a tele like there is on a strat.

I own:
Fender American Strat 2007
Fender American Tele 1995
Gibson SG 2007
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
This is what you get when they mate...

They are each very different guitars now available with virtually any pick up configuration. Historically speaking - they are the classic American sound.
Quote by gregs1020
This is what you get when they mate...

They are each very different guitars now available with virtually any pick up configuration. Historically speaking - they are the classic American sound.

:O

WHAT is that ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

I LOVE IT !!!

xD
Quote by JackO'Lantern
:O

WHAT is that ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

I LOVE IT !!!

xD

It's probably the most versatile guitar I own. The volume knob is a push pull to split the HB in the bridge. The other knob is pup selector, 3 position. It's a '51 reissue squier strat. The pups are Ultrasonics designed by Bill Lawrence back in the early 80's. I used to have an old strat with a tele maple neck, and wanted a HB in the bridge. So when I saw this thing for $140 on craigslist, I knew I had a new home for my old pups. People dog squiers all the time, but I find them as great platforms for modding to anyone's specific needs. Plus, if it gets a ding I won't be too upset, I have a whole $180 in the thing. Plays sweet, SRV to Metallica.
Quote by stef123
strat is better

what an ignorant comment

It depends what type of music you want to play ...

contrary to popular belief i think a tele is more versatile tbh
i have both & i play my tele way more often

loads of guitarists (like Lee Gaze from Lostprophets) nowadays are using teles in genres that it wasnt designed for.