I've checked out a bunch of used amps. And there's two I'm looking at closely right now. they are:
Peavey Ultra 410 ($200)
&
Crate Gfx-212t ($150)

There are others I'm looking at... but I'm just focusing on the used ones.
I haven't been able to play the Ultra for two long, so my question is... is there any notable difference between 10-12" speakers?
2" ?

...someone had to say it.

I'd say make the choice based on which you like the sound of better overall. The two will sound very different, but because they are completely different amps, not just because of the speaker size.
well the 12" pushes more air and sounds a tiny bit louder. And bigger speakers = more bass.
The resonate frequenciy of a 10" speaker is higher than a 12" speaker. You can think of it this way. The relationship between the resonate frequencies is actually similar to the change in pitch your voice makes when you say "aw" vs. when you say "ee".

12" speakers have a fuller warmer bass but 10" speakers have a tighter more defined bass that doesn't get fizzy. Thats why many bass players like 10" speakers.
Not taking any online orders.
That Ultra won't suffer one bit from having 4 - 10" speakers. It will move a lot of air. Where did you find that thing? If it's in good shape, it's a good amp at $200. Loud as all heck too.
I like the sound of 10's used for guitar personally, but it really depends on which amp is being paired with which speaker. If your deciding between those two amps, don't make a choice based on speaker size. The Ultra is so much a nicer amp than the crate, and for $200 its a steal of a deal. The only downside to that particular model is that it weighs about 80 pounds or so.
Quote by CorduroyEW
The resonate frequenciy of a 10" speaker is higher than a 12" speaker. You can think of it this way. The relationship between the resonate frequencies is actually similar to the change in pitch your voice makes when you say "aw" vs. when you say "ee".

12" speakers have a fuller warmer bass but 10" speakers have a tighter more defined bass that doesn't get fizzy. Thats why many bass players like 10" speakers.

Exactly. I prefer 10's in Fender or American amps and 12's in British ones!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Greatly appreciated guys
And I found it on Daddys.com
I just tried them out at different stores around my area.
Think about this. If you ever want to change speakers it'll cost about 2 times more to swap out the 10'. 12s are also more common so better chance of getting a used deal. so it maybe more like 1/3 the cost or 1/4 the cost of a 410. on the other hand peavey ss usually sounds better than crate ss. Both of these opinions are incredibly generic and you should let the tone choose for you..
well i think that 12 inch speakers are 2 inches bigger then 10 inch speakers. i think.