Opt in
76 36%
Opt out
119 56%
Undecided
19 9%
Voters: 214.
Page 1 of 3
Alright, there's been some talk for quite some time now on a new scheme they want to set up in the UK. I am currently one of the 25% who is on the organ donation register, and I think it's pretty cool how my corpse can be of benefit.

We currently hold a 'opt in' system, where, if you want to donate your organs, you have to sign up. However, the UK Government want to make a 'opt out' scheme. Basically, anyone who signs a form saying they do not wish to donate their organs, cannot donate. Anyone who isn't, can.

Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea. It could really help the transplant list and could save lives. However, there are many who disagree with the idea. Some Doctors say that this new system may lower trust in Doctors. I think the message is pretty clear; raise your voice if you don't want to, or your organs will be donated. I think it's a silly refute.

Poll is coming.

Discuss.
Opt out.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I'd donate certain ones, my liver & a kidney (not both), my hear & lungs are a possibility too.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Opt out scheme. I've been trying to convince everyone it'd be a good idea for years but no one seems to listen. I'm an organ donor and proud of it, but hardly anyone else I know is.
It's gonna cause one hell of a fracas soon, especially when religion and uppity, gobshite families get on their high horses.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Here in Austria we have the opt out system and it's working perfectly.

Who needs their organs when they're dead?
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

opt out. if i suddenly died, and have not signed an organ donation opt in form, my organs would go to waste, all the while i wish for them to be used. i think it's much better to assume the person would give than the person would not give.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
On second thought, i'd donate them, if i knew who they were going to, if that person didn't need them i want them put back in.

You'll be dead, and no-one's gonna go 'ohh, your hearts a bit bruised, here, have another one'. Transplants are serious.
If anyone's got a serious problem with it. They can opt-out.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by Craigo

You'll be dead, and no-one's gonna go 'ohh, your hearts a bit bruised, here, have another one'. Transplants are serious.

But they're MINE
I'm not just holding onto them until someone else needs them after i pop off.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Well i want my body to be frozen exactly how and where it is when i die, so no, no one is chopping me up and stealing my lovely innerds before said freezing has been done.

cryogenic freezing won't work. All the water that is in your cells will freeze and expand, destroying every cell in your body. So basically you won't be able to revived. It's basically frostbite, over your entire body.

but I'd opt out. I'm pretty sure I'm already a donor on my drivers license.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Sep 3, 2008,
Why would anyone not want their death to help others? It should be compulsory.
I'm undecided. I think it is a good and sensible idea which could help many in need of organ transplants. However I'm not too sure I like the thought of my body body being cut up and taken apart, even if I am dead.
It's not like we're gonna need them, right?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Opt out.
I believe I'm already a donor through my drivers license. Don't see the point in not donating my organs if they're good enough to be recycled.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

about the "if I die and I didn't get to sign an opt in"
for US (at least my state), they ask when you get your license renewed
so unless you change your mind every couple years it shouldn't be a problem
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I just can't see a good reason to deny donation. There are obviously good reasons not to use a particular person's organs, but I don't know why you'd opt out anyway.
Quote by smb
I just can't see a good reason to deny donation. There are obviously good reasons not to use a particular person's organs, but I don't know why you'd opt out anyway.

Because they're as retarded as my ex-girlfriend's Mum who told me that all immigrants were illegal 'because it was on the news'.
Quote by Craigo
Because they're as retarded as my ex-girlfriend's Mum who told me that all immigrants were illegal 'because it was on the news'.

Still not as good as my mates older sister thinking that different countries had different moons.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I was tempted to sign up for organ donation, but I just daren't. i don't know what it is that stops me, but I just can't do it.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
My organs will be of no use to me when I am deceased, so I don't see why some people aren't donors. Opt out.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Opt-out makes loads more sense rather than opt-in. You want the default to be the most useful option.
I'm not an organ donor.

I think it's stupid how it's illegal to sell body parts. Like in the U.S., seventeen people die each day because of kidney failure, while there are thousands of people willing to sell them a kidney.

EDIT: Does 'opt out' mean you're an organ donor? I accidentally picked that.
Opt out scheme definitely.

I'm an organ donor now on my drivers licence but it would be easier if there was a system where everyone had to do it unless they opted out because most people I know are organ donors or have no problem with it.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
An opt out system would be pretty good.
I'm not in the UK, though.

I'm an organ donor, by the way.
I'll have no use for all my parts when I'm dead. They might as well go to someone who needds them.
In the USA I would be an organ donor, because its a great thing, the only thing is that if your in an accident or something and they see that you are an organ donor, they wont try as hard to save you.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by frottage
I'm not an organ donor.

I think it's stupid how it's illegal to sell body parts. Like in the U.S., seventeen people die each day because of kidney failure, while there are thousands of people willing to sell them a kidney.

A legal trade in organs would be awful.

Quote by frottage
Wait...so opt out means you're an organ donor?

No, fool, it means you support an 'opt out' system of organ donation.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I am a donor in the US. I figure I won't be needing them so they can do whatever they want with them. Donate me to a bunch of necros for all I care.

My blood type is really rare though and my organs will probably end up being incompatible with most people.

Anyways, opt-out system does sound way better.
i'm a greedy bitch so i'm keepin my organs!

but seriously go ahead an take em'!
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Page 1 of 3