We've been a band for a couple of months now, played one gig, and have another soon. Did some recording last week here in my bedroom, which is why the quality ain't all that great.

http://www.myspace.com/ukdeusexmachina

And here's the EP cover

Last edited by filthandfury at Sep 16, 2008,
Did you realise that your band name is the title of Shaolin Temple of Boom's new album?

Nice songs, btw.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

No, http://www.shaolintempleofboom.com

This isnt a promotion or anything, just to show you.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

I didn't know we were stealing everyone's names!

There's probably even another band with the same name.
well i liked it so far, for i guess where you recorded it its really not bad quality at all. mmmmmm that bass line... oh i just wanna.... get...naked..... ohhh.... yeah...... keep going....
anyways yeah its some good stuff if i had a record company i would totally sign you, i would also myself have some good recordings...

can you listen my band and crit?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945407
I like love you guys. Thats awesome. Cna u PM me how u write killer acoustic riffs like that? Thanks. Dorian Gray was f*cking awesme.
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
The bass line compliments the acoustic riffs very nicely. In the first song, i liked the rhythm change-ups near the end, and the build up in the last third. The lyrics structure is pretty interesting too...breaking out of the predictable mould, i like it.

the drummer seems to be a bit sporadic at places with the stick slaps near the beginning (or was that just a recording mishap thing?). The singer is decent.
Quote by guitarheroII
I like love you guys. Thats awesome. Cna u PM me how u write killer acoustic riffs like that? Thanks. Dorian Gray was f*cking awesme.

Ah, thanks! I guess there's no real method to writing good songs, and I haven't written any! They were done by the singer/guitarist.
Last edited by filthandfury at Sep 14, 2008,
Just listened to An Inaccurate Representation of Strangers. I loved the transition between the slow flowfull verses into the double time upbeat chorus. The drums on the verses were awesome they really helped keep the energy and kept the song moving despite the slower tempo. I noticed in your profile pic you playing with a violinist. What would sound really amazing is him playing the melody over the acoustic in the chorus. Just a thought. I'd really appreciate your comments on my music. Link in sig.
Quote by DavidWBand
Just listened to An Inaccurate Representation of Strangers. I loved the transition between the slow flowfull verses into the double time upbeat chorus. The drums on the verses were awesome they really helped keep the energy and kept the song moving despite the slower tempo. I noticed in your profile pic you playing with a violinist. What would sound really amazing is him playing the melody over the acoustic in the chorus. Just a thought. I'd really appreciate your comments on my music. Link in sig.

Yeah, the violinist has played our one gig with us, but she's at uni now so it's hard for her to be in the band. Our singer/guitarist can play violin too, so maybe we could get him to do violin on the recordings.

We haven't tried An Inaccurate Representation of Strangers with a violin, so maybe we'll have a play around with it.

And I've just uploaded a new song, lemme know what you think.
Dorian Gray - Really liked the song. Singer is pretty sweet, which is a nice change from most unsigned bands that i tend to hear. Really liked the bassline, altho the solo parts of it cpuld do with a bit more flow,nice idea, it just sounds more like nerves than anything else. I wasnt too sure about the drums though. The rimshots? at the start of of the song are very dodgy.

An innacurate representation - Again a really good song, although, the bit towards the end with no lyrics kind of drags on a little bit. Good singing again. The drumming was better, although it could do with being cleaned up little bit, but i reckon some proper recording would sort that out

The Beatles - At the start i thought it was a let it be cover, obviously not though. I think i liked this the best to be honest. I think i picked up certain parts where the drums and bass lose time slightly, but nothing major, i really liked the vocals on this one. Definitely my favourite of the three

If you feel like commenting on some of my bands stuff, theres a link to our website in my sig, and we have a thread in here somewhere
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Dorian Gray - Really liked the song. Singer is pretty sweet, which is a nice change from most unsigned bands that i tend to hear. Really liked the bassline, altho the solo parts of it cpuld do with a bit more flow,nice idea, it just sounds more like nerves than anything else. I wasnt too sure about the drums though. The rimshots? at the start of of the song are very dodgy.

An innacurate representation - Again a really good song, although, the bit towards the end with no lyrics kind of drags on a little bit. Good singing again. The drumming was better, although it could do with being cleaned up little bit, but i reckon some proper recording would sort that out

The Beatles - At the start i thought it was a let it be cover, obviously not though. I think i liked this the best to be honest. I think i picked up certain parts where the drums and bass lose time slightly, but nothing major, i really liked the vocals on this one. Definitely my favourite of the three

If you feel like commenting on some of my bands stuff, theres a link to our website in my sig, and we have a thread in here somewhere

Thanks! I'll try check out your band if I get time
i really like the guitar and vocals, but somehow the other stuff doesn't feel like it fits in. especially the thudding bass drum at the start. maybe it's just the quality of the recording, but it felt like i was hearing two different songs at once.

i'm also in a band here on UG. some critism would be nice. we can always use more fans.

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/thethreeaces/
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!