I am thinking about buying an Epiphone hummung bird and i wanna know if i should or is there something else i should get
I have one and I like it, but if you get one be prepared to have it set up, the action on mine was/is terrible (I haven't gotten around to getting it fixed yet).
Last edited by Covet at Sep 3, 2008,
Quote by upchuck51
thanks i will keep that in mind

Also, try out a Dove if you have the chance. They're very similar to the Hummingbirds, but the one I tried out seemed to play a bit better than the Hummingbird.
I have the Hummingbird, and it's stunningly beautiful and sounds nice and warm too. I've never played a dove, but I would kill for one with an ebony finish. Good luck, and I don't think you can go wrong with either guitar!
I got an Epi hummingbird myself about a month back. Replaced the plastic saddle with a nice bone one, filed it down to a smooth low action, and slapped a new set of D'addario lights on there, and it's angelic. I love it.

I'm still messing around with it, trying to fine tune it to my liking. I'm expecting to keep this guitar for a long time before upgrading again, so I want to max out its potential. I've ordered a set of black buffalo horn bridge pins (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=180281924148&Category=41407&_trksid=p3907.m29) and am still waiting on those to come in. I'm also playing around with a few new types of strings. Do replace your strings as soon as you get the guitar, anything's better than the stock ones it comes with. Next set I'm trying to get when my new bridge pins come in is the Gibson Masterbuilt light string set. I've heard great things about them.

I would definitely recommend the guitar, one of the best I've seen in its price range. After a bit of fine tuning, its value matches those of guitars costing hundreds of dollars more. Definitely worth it.