When you break a string? I broke my high E yesterday and it sucks, because I ran out of replacements. I would bike to a store, but there arn't any around. Do you guys just not play for a few days?
meh
I play, I just don't use that string. As hard as it seems, it encourages me to use more shapes in a scale, if ya get me.

It's kinda hard though when like an A string breaks or a G, but yeah, I can still play. Although, saying that, it is nice to give your fingers a break for a day or two.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Move to a different guitar mainly. I suppose that wouldn't help everyone though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you could buy some online if you can't get to a store for a while. i took my guitar in school one day to play in front of my class for a presentation , and my high e string broke literally as i pulled it out my bag Y_Y so i just had to play something other then what i was intending to ahahah
JacK!
i go on ultimate guitar and just look through the stuff when that happens to me
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
ESP KH-502, duncan custom 5, duncan 59
1978 alverez acoustic
Peavey valveking 100 head
line 6 4-12 cabinet
EVH flange, wilson q-wah, boss chorus ensemble, dunlop brick power supply
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Move to a different guitar mainly. I suppose that wouldn't help everyone though.

That's what I do, I've got a bunch lying around so I don't really have to worry about it. But if for some reason I'm limited to one guitar and it's missing a string I just play without it.
Ah the joys of multiple guitars.

I usually keep an extra set of strings on hand at all times for just an occasion.

But seriously, unless you've got a guitar with a trem on it, a broken string is no big deal. It's pretty easy to get by without either of the E strings. Actually as long as my G B and D strings are intact I'll generally just keep playing. I've actually had things like that happen on gigs too. I somehow managed to break both E strings 2 songs in. by the end of the set I'd broken the A string as well.
I haven't broken a string in ages, my guitars must be magical or something. When I do, however, I just find alternatives to using that string
ohai little sig.
Quote by wyldething

Buy in bulk, its a lifesaver

That is absolutely awesome, does anyone know where I can get something like this in the uk?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
When I break a string I usually beat my wife.

Actually I don't have a wife. I pretty much always have extra packs. When I get low I go buy more. I'm good for a bit, I have 4 extra packs and they are elixirs so I break like 2 strings a year.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by wyldething

Buy in bulk, its a lifesaver

They don't sell this at my GC.... or any other guitar shop.
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
They don't sell this at my GC.... or any other guitar shop.

Order online