Page 1 of 2
So, I start tomorrow.
At the moment, I'm most worried about getting up at 7am and where my morning cigarette is going to come from.

Anyone starting A2 can you tell me roughly what to expect?
New scenario, new school.
R E G G A E
i started 2day so i might only be in for an hour or 2 2morrow
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I've been at college all this week, I start properly on Monday though. It was cool actually, I didn't know anyone in my form but they all turned out to be sound. Some hot girls as well.

It'll be fine. A load of people there will be new as well, so you're all in the same boat. And I wait till break to have a fag normally.
You get used to the times.
Just smoke outside college before you go to lessons.
College buses are nightmares because they are loaded with new kids AND the canteens etc are just ridiculous with the amount of people in there for the first couple of weeks.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I started today, mainly just putting together timetables and stuff and maybe a few lessons

Oh rats....English
Quote by Chrisiphone
You get used to the times.
Just smoke outside college before you go to lessons.
College buses are nightmares because they are loaded with new kids AND the canteens etc are just ridiculous with the amount of people in there for the first couple of weeks.

No need for a bus; I gots me a ride sorted.
And I can't smoke before lessons; I'm bone dry on tobacco and nowhere on the school route serves me.

I may actually suffer some kind of withdrawal-fuelled breakdown.
R E G G A E
It will be harder than GCSE and I'll tell you from experience; DO YOUR WORK. I regret thinking I could breeze through and get all A's like in GCSE and I came out of the year dissapointed. I was a couple of marks (literally) off my target grades and I can't help thinking a little extra work in stead of dossing around and I wouldn't have to resit 2 papers to get the grade I want.

Just don't waste time in school and get your work done before you go home and you will do fine.
School+free lesson=work time
Home=party time.

Other than that it should be good for you
Also have your fag at break, it's a only a couple of hours, if I can handle it you'll be fine.

Edit: I stayed at the same school for A-Levels and so did all my friends (all of them), did most people go to new schools?

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
You'll be fine, just get used to working harder; A levels are much harder than GCSE. That said, enjoy your free periods .
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
I started on Tuesday, A2 year

Today I had first period then a day of free periods, tomorrow I have the first 2 then a day of free periods
Quote by TheDarkestNights
And I can't smoke before lessons; I'm bone dry on tobacco and nowhere on the school route serves me.

See if someone'll give you one then. I was hanging around with my form group and I got offered fags by 3 different people in the same day.

I try not to have too many though, I hate being in debt to people. They'll most likely ask me for one back when I've got about 2 left.
I'm starting friday. I'm gkad I got to take 2 of my favourite subjects, another one is a massive doss with a trip to Disneyland, and the other is a GCSE maths retake.

Lookin' forward to a bit more authoritah.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by TheDarkestNights

Make some weird smoker friends, they always share and stuff!
Just don't be weird and make your own roll ups, they aren't cool when you have to rummage in your bag for everything then spend 5 mins putting it together..

I don't smoke but some friends do

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I started sixth form today.

Why do you have to get up earlier? I get more lie-ins now I have free periods.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I started sixth form today.

Why do you have to get up earlier? I get more lie-ins now I have free periods.

At my school we HAVE to register at 8.45am, regardless of how many free periods we may have that morning. We also have to register after lunch before we can go home if we have a free afternoon, it sucks.

Passed my driving test yesterday though, so I can drive in which allows for a bit more of a lie-in than last year .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
At my school we HAVE to register at 8.45am, regardless of how many free periods we may have that morning. We also have to register after lunch before we can go home if we have a free afternoon, it sucks.

Passed my driving test yesterday though, so I can drive in which allows for a bit more of a lie-in than last year .

I'm in the first year of sixth formers since my school abolished the morning rule for being really stupid.

But I can't drive yet, so I guess it balances out a bit. In fact, allowing for lessons and stuff, it'll be about 6 months before I can drive... Damn.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I start next Monday. Everyone else seems to begin 6th form/college earlier than Exeter College.
NOPE.
Quote by MopMaster
Depends on the AS... Further maths will destroy pretty much anyone.

My friend did maths, and he said it was absolutely terrible.

I love when I got days off, and free periods. I only went in at 12am, or went home earlier. It was great!

In university, you'd just skip the whole day because you are too hungover.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Ah I don't start college unitl the 15th. But I have my driving test then. Cos of my timetable I won't have to go in at all hehe.

I can't wait to start A2 maths and further maths. For the past year one phrase that kept cropping up is 'you'll do that next year'. Looks like its gonna be an interesting year. Also, the two double maths classes merge. Therefore it shall be an epic class. Since we're all mates and then we're pretty good friends with those in the other class too. I pity our teachers.
infact the only thing I don't like about maths this year is that we won't have Jo as our teacher. Who was awesome.

Quote by MopMaster

Pfff nah. It was pretty alright. I got a B but thats because I did crap in Decision 1. Which is actually a module that the single maths lot take. Most people regard it as the easiest, but I just don't seem to get it :P
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I started today, found it to be a good laugh actually. Should be a good couple of years, even if it is gonna be hard work!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by SavageNights
My friend did maths, and he said it was absolutely terrible.

I love when I got days off, and free periods. I only went in at 12am, or went home earlier. It was great!

In university, you'd just skip the whole day because you are too hungover.

NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE KIND OF ENVIRONMENT I'D ENJOY?!
Actually, I'd spend the day off shopping to replace food lost to munchies.
R E G G A E
Quote by MopMaster

My mate got full marks in Further maths AS.
I start tomorrow aswell, but not until 11:00

I'm taking music, music tech, physics, and maths (eeeww).
I start on Friday and I know noone at all... Oh well if the worse comes to the worst I'll get drink every morning before college !
You know its funny, I managed to stumble, stonerishly through my AS levels and still come out with a CDDD which I can easily boost to a BCCC with a few resits... I swear I dossed almost all of my first year in Sixth Form and still did ok... Not that I recommend dossing off all of your lessons then getting stoned for the exam. That was big mistake... But hopefully I can make up for it in A2, which I started today...

Also don't worry about making friends. You don't even have to put effort in really since almost everyone knows nobody...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I'm starting tomorrow too, they are making me tie my hair back!! Sons of bitches!! I go to a boys school, i don't know if I can handle the rippage!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Had my first day today, it was horrendous. I'd much rather be out working, but there's no way of getting a decent job without at least A levels, let alone a degree.
Quote by bob farrell
I'm starting tomorrow too, they are making me tie my hair back!! Sons of bitches!! I go to a boys school, i don't know if I can handle the rippage!!

haha!

See, this is why I go to a seperate college, instead of staying at my school's 6th form. They don't have stupid rules like this. The main thing about the dress code is that you can't wear hats or have hoods up when inside the building. Which is fair enough.
We also have charity week; there's a different theme for dressing up each day. St Trinian's day was the most popular by far (kinda obvious why, esp if you've seen the pics from that day). The college treats us pretty well too, we're not patronised adn the teachers are way friendlier.
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
haha!

See, this is why I go to a seperate college, instead of staying at my school's 6th form. They don't have stupid rules like this. The main thing about the dress code is that you can't wear hats or have hoods up when inside the building. Which is fair enough.
We also have charity week; there's a different theme for dressing up each day. St Trinian's day was the most popular by far (kinda obvious why, esp if you've seen the pics from that day). The college treats us pretty well too, we're not patronised adn the teachers are way friendlier.

Yeah, it sucks, but I know if I go to college I just won't be driven like I am in my school, my teachers are great. Well, apart from the one that is making me tie my hair back of course . . . . I'll just have to have a really low ponytail and leave some hair hanging out, shouldn't look too bad then, I hope
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by bob farrell
Yeah, it sucks, but I know if I go to college I just won't be driven like I am in my school, my teachers are great. Well, apart from the one that is making me tie my hair back of course . . . . I'll just have to have a really low ponytail and leave some hair hanging out, shouldn't look too bad then, I hope

Admittedly, I did skip a lot of German lessons, because I didn't like the teacher and he eventually left. Which meant a string of supplies. I still passed thouhg (D)

I find that in college, cos they can't really discipline you (although in my college they do put you on Targets if you don't put effort in) they just make you feel really, really guilty about not doing things. You know when you'd rather have someone shout at you instead of just being dissapointed, because when they're disappointed it's so much worse?
Yeah, it's like that.
Quote by Renka

Meh, I decided to stay at my school for sixth form because it's pretty good, and it's not a long walk. We start tomorrow, but I don't have much on.
Last edited by National_Anthem at Sep 3, 2008,
i started year 13 today but i'm doing 3 AS resits along side the a2 courses, A-level is a big step up, it may not seem it but whe you get your results you'll beleive it ... yea i got a D, E and another D
It's fun and easy. Enjoy yourself. Going to a new place for A-levels is sooo much better than staying at the same school.
I Start On Friday, Same School Though
I Just Cant Wait To Be Back
Theres Only So Much Sitting At Home I Can Take
It'll Be Good Doing What I Want For A Change XD

Chemistry, Biology, Physics and History!
Science Nerd FTW
Page 1 of 2