Well it is £189.00 new. So...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
that looks sick. but looks arent everything. i should know after buying a Warlock
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
Quote by MetalliKH-602
that looks sick. but looks arent everything. i should know after buying a Warlock

+1
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Quote by metalxmania198
cant make out the name. what kind, is that a floyd, and what are the pickups?

Yeah, he mentioned a floyd, but I don't still know, what that means. The pickups are wilkinsons, he just said. Any more ideas?
Last edited by Amarant at Sep 3, 2008,
bc rich lolzzz i bought my esp ex 400 bd off some guy for 300 awesome guitar, one of the best metal guitars iv played period
Ahoy!
The great ship Vintage has docked in port!
http://www.jhs.co.uk/metalaxxe.html
Should provide you with some info!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
"Body: Eastern Poplar
Neck: Maple – Set Neck
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Scale: 25.5"/648mm
Frets: 24
Neck Inlays: Pearloid Dot/ Vintage 12th
Tuners: Wilkinson® WJ07
Vibrato: Floyd Rose® Double Locking
Pickups: Wilkinson® Double Coil x 2 (N)WMSH (B)WMSH
Hardware: Satin Black
Controls: 1 x Volume/ 1 x Tone/ Super 5-Way Lever"
Info from the web page.
for $250 its worth it. if i were you tho i'd switch out the pickups for something like EMGs or Seymour Duncans
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
I have a Vintage guitar. I'm gonna advise you not to get the guitar.

The Liscenced Floyd Rose on mine is terrible TERRIBLE quality. I've taken it to 3 different people to get it set up right, 'cause it wasn't set up at all right when I bought it, the action has to be set really high to prevent string buzz, the 24th fret had to be hammered in again because the string kept buzzing on it. But if you DO get it, change the pickups before you plug in. My guitar has virtually no treble/clarity at all, it just sounds muddy no matter what amp I use.

Just find out if you can try it out before you buy it.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Yes, I can try it. But as I'm a beginner (and developing fast!) still, I might not be able to tell, whether it's worth the buy or not.
Quote by jaffawoman
I have a Vintage guitar. I'm gonna advise you not to get the guitar.

The Liscenced Floyd Rose on mine is terrible TERRIBLE quality. I've taken it to 3 different people to get it set up right, 'cause it wasn't set up at all right when I bought it, the action has to be set really high to prevent string buzz, the 24th fret had to be hammered in again because the string kept buzzing on it. But if you DO get it, change the pickups before you plug in. My guitar has virtually no treble/clarity at all, it just sounds muddy no matter what amp I use.

Just find out if you can try it out before you buy it.

Most LFRs aren't too good, I hear. I haven't played one, but from all the people moaning about them all the time, I picked up the idea.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
It seems like people don't like the instrument that much. I will definitely go and try it, but I will be tuned very negatively to it.
If the LFR is OK, it should be a quality instrument - I've tried a few Vintage guitars out and ended up buying one because each guitar I have played of theirs has been of really high quality and really nice to play. For the price of the guitars, the Wilkinson pickups in them are good and responsive as well. I would offer him less than $250 for it though, purely because it's not hugely expensive new - maybe offer $200 or $220, kinda depends how used it is though.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
I have that Guitar!!

and tbh, it wasn't especially nice when I got it, but i've done a fair bit of modding with a dremel and it plays and sounds very nice now. Putting .10 gauge strings on is necessary to keep the neck in shape although this requires some heavy adjustment of the LFR. I've had mine for about 1.5 yr. and the tremolo is starting to wear quite a bit, but it stays in tune well. Thinking about replacing the trem soon with a better FR.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
i own one, the original run in satin black, i payed 50 quid for mine xD

Its a pretty good guitar, floyds a bit meh, but it does its job.

I reccomend it, but haggle a bit!!!
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
My mate has a Vinatge Metalaxxe Wraith (I think), and it's horrible. nasty action, cheap tacky feel to the finish, weird neck, cheap feel, cheap electronics, unstable trem.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
What's a dremel/tremel? I don't think I'm a person to modify my guitar that much. I can barely manage changing the strings.
If you aren't that experienced with working on guitars, i'd recommend you stay away from any guitar with a floating bridge such as a Floyd Rose.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

If you can't change strings now then you don't need a Floyd Rose, especially not a junk one like on that guitar.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Any cheap guitar with a LFR should be avoided. Vintage stuff is generally good though. Their strat style trem is pretty good.
Not for $250. my brother sold his to a shop earlier this year and got £20 (~$40) but I think he was fleeced at that. It's quite a nice guitar IMO apart from the floyd, even then my brother didn't take care of his one properly.
Quote by MrCarrot
My mate has a Vinatge Metalaxxe Wraith (I think), and it's horrible. nasty action, cheap tacky feel to the finish, weird neck, cheap feel, cheap electronics, unstable trem.

They're cheap beginner guitars - and not really worth it for beginners.
What beginner wants the hassle of a crap LFR? None.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius

What beginner wants the hassle of a crap LFR?

Me.

A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Quote by FischmungaXTR
Me.

I feel sorry for you!
How much of a pain is it?
Or have you managed to tame it? You modded it - that should improve it.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO