Hi. I yould like to know if there is on the market things that yould become classical amps/pedals/anyting.
Im thinkin in buyin something but i want something that would have the respect of the massses in 30 years, and obviously i dont want to spend ALOT of money.

Cheers
lol... next do you want me to tell what speeches to be at so you can say you were there...?
I would say a Peavey Classic 30 bought new today would be worth something in 30 years if it is taken care of. Is that the kinda thing you are asking?

That and a Bad Monkey

*i'm assuming english is not your first language?*

It's really hard to tell what is going to be classic. Most things I see come in fads, raved about one minute but left behind the next.

Anything in limited production is usually sought after whether it was good or not. Amps and pedals from smaller companies will also be cool to have down the line because companies change(like Marshalls) or go out of business. Signature guitars, amps, pedals, ect... can sometimes be sought after later on.

It's anyone's guess really though.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
another interesting point is that who knows what music and music gear will be like in 30 years? For all we know, power outlets as we know them turn into something else and all this gear can't be played....

....god i hope not
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
another interesting point is that who knows what music and music gear will be like in 30 years? For all we know, power outlets as we know them turn into something else and all this gear can't be played....

....god i hope not

Yeah, that would sort of ruin my lifetime here. Not being able to play my old amps/use my old pedals/everything else.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Two things. Both Marshall.

1. The Jimi Hendrix signature JTM 45 Stack

2. The Randy Rhoads Signature JMP 100 Stack.

I will bet you money that those two units. (only the whole thing, not just the head or a halfstack) will appricate in value over that long of a time period.

Also, not wanting to spend a lot of money doesnt lead to obatining a piece of gear that will become classic. You need to fork out the frogskins.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I would say a Peavey Classic 30 bought new today would be worth something in 30 years if it is taken care of. Is that the kinda thing you are asking?

That and a Bad Monkey

*i'm assuming english is not your first language?*

Obviously...and i was very tired...im portuguese and my english usually dooesnt suck that hard
A good amp that is 40 yrs old now. Like a late 60's early 70's fender twin reverb. That will only go up.
Current amps right now will have a hard time building value like vintage Marshalls, Fenders, Hiwatts, etc. Those were hand built amps at the time, using components that aren't available anymore, no way a JCM2000 ever builds up the value like a JTM45 or pre-1970 plexi. The only exception to these are small boutique amps that could eventually build up value like Trainwrecks and Dumbles have.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 4, 2008,