Page 1 of 4
why is it that some people from the UK seem to hate the welsh/ the wales area?

I'm just a curious American I guess
They're jealous of their sheep and in geneal relaxed attitude towards bestiality.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
They shag sheep, it's a well known fact sir!

Edit - Goddamnit Kensai...
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
I didn't know they did :/ I'm half welsh btw :P
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by Kensai
They're jealous of their sheep and in geneal relaxed attitude towards bestiality.

A it's nice to see a swede well versed in British bigotry

Its because they're easy to pick on.

Also they smell.
Because it is associated with GB even though it is a pretty shit country and england is awesome so we want independance (sp?) because welsh people generally love sheep (if ya know what i mean).
"It profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world ... but for Wales, Richard?"

Sorry, just thinking about SModcast.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
they bum sheep/ don't but we shall say they do for arguments sake, plus they take ANY sporting victories over the English as a day of national celebration, oh yeah and weather sucks, nice scenery though
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
We don't hate them, its just an easy target for jokes since theyve built up an image of sheep shagging.
Quote by Kensai

Precisely. It is frowned upon in England. Frowned upon, or swept under the rug.
to be fair, we hate scotland and ireland aswell

its cos england rules so they need all our goodness hence the UK
funeral for a friend is from wales.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
its more that all the celtic countries i.e. Ireland, Scotland and Wales all hate the English so the English get their own back by making shitty jokes about everyone else
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

they spawned tom jones and charlotte church.

in other news, swansea was nuked earlier on today... estimates show around £3 worth of damage was caused.
The English oppressed Scotland, Wales and Ireland for hundreds of years and so caused the Scottish, Welsh and Irish to resent us and rightly so. So in turn we English resent them back since they are so obviously inferior. :p

Its not quite the same thing but the American example would be 'Why do Americans dislike Canadians and Mexicans?'

It is all about national rivalry.

EDIT:
Quote by Shyne
they spawned tom jones and charlotte church.

in other news, swansea was nuked earlier on today... estimates show around £3 worth of damage was caused.

Win.
Last edited by G-Dog_666 at Sep 3, 2008,
Quote by drunkenhamster1
Because the names of their towns takes a scholar to pronounce.

I'm english, I can say Llaneli (sp?)

its kinda like 'Klanethlee'
Quote by sdmfmofo
its more that all the celtic countries i.e. Ireland, Scotland and Wales all hate the English so the English get their own back by making shitty jokes about everyone else

this
so what do the brits think of the rest of the UK and why the discrimination. to me it sounds like picking on austrians if one was a german
First of all, it what do the English think of the rest of the UK.

Secondly, there all c*nts. All drunk/sheep ****ersd with funny accents.
I am a welshy, and it is because the english currently have control of our country and we havent been free for about 400 years. So, they decide to make things worse by being prejudiced. The english are indeed nice chaps.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
The worst bit about the Welsh is they come to England and boast about how great Wales is. They fly the Welsh flag EVERYWHERE and preach about Wales to everyone.

If Wales is so great, why the **** do they all come to England?
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Bonesaw
so what do the brits think of the rest of the UK and why the discrimination. to me it sounds like picking on austrians if one was a german

Brits= People from Britain
Uk= Britain (roughly)
self-pwned

Also, it's not really bad discrimination because English people just hate Wales as a whole (well more scotland really) but if we meet a welsh person then we wouldn't have anything against them.
Those English are jealous of our awesome language and sheep-secksing abilities.

I'm actually English and live in Wales, and have done for most of my life. Dwi'n hoffi Cymru.

I think Welsh/Irish/Scottish people hate the English more than the other way round. Wales is Englands bitch. The Scottish are fighting for independence and the Irish are too drunk to know what's going on.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
Quote by TEK34
I'm english, I can say Llaneli (sp?)

its kinda like 'Klanethlee'

Lol no.

That's how stupid English people say it.

Put your tongue where you would when you hiss, but breathe out through the sides. It's hard to explain, if I could show you I would.

Quote by Johnny Trash
The worst bit about the Welsh is they come to England and boast about how great Wales is. They fly the Welsh flag EVERYWHERE and preach about Wales to everyone.

If Wales is so great, why the **** do they all come to England?

It's wrong to be proud now?

If England is so great, why do thousands upon thousands of them insist on camping in my country every year?

RMF

hmm... I'm from Scotland, and everyone hates the welsh and the english, but everyone likes the irish. I have a welsh friend and its bloody hilarious ripping him for sheep-related shenanigins.

It works thus:

England, hates Wales and Scotland, laughs at Ireland
Scotland: Hates England and Wales, gets on well with Ireland
Ireland: Hates England and Wales, gets on with Scotland
Wales: spend their lives humping sheep and talking funny

so in short, everyone hates Wales, they're like Canada to y'all Yanks, only everything's in black and white, not because they're watching it on an old telly, but because colour actually hasn't been invented yet in Wales.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Lol no.

That's how stupid English people say it.

Put your tongue where you would when you hiss, but breathe out through the sides. It's hard to explain, if I could show you I would.

If England is so great, why do thousands upon thousands of them insist on camping in my country every year?

Does that mean the welsh people who came from llaneli I was talking to said it wrong?
because they are trying to draw away attention from the embarassment that is the english tradition of morris dancing

wales is awesome

and yes, there SHOULD be a dragon on the union jack. how awesome would that look?!
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by TEK34
Does that mean the welsh people who came from llaneli I was talking to said it wrong?

Yes. I've met many people from Wales who can't speak a word of Welsh and can't even pronounce some of our place names.

There is no "k" in Llanelli when spoken. No "hard" consonant sounds at all, in fact.

Half of Wales probably can't even pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychgwyndrobwllllantisiliogogogoch.

(One word)

Edit: Also it's Llanelli, not Llaneli.

Ll is a letter in welsh.

RMF

Cos it's Wales.
They have sheep.
They like to shag them.
It rains a lot.

edit: They do have one good thing about them.
dartmaster.

I don't care if he comes from Wales.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

There is no "k" in Llanelli when spoken. No "hard" consonant sounds at all, in fact.

WRONG!

what is the welsh for wales?

CYMRU

how do you pronounce it?

KUHMRY
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

There's nothing wrong with being proud.
Just don't come to England and spend every minute of your time there telling me how great Wales is.

We might go to Wales camping, but we don't preach about England whilst we're there
I have nothing wrong with Welsh coming over, just don't talk to me about how great your country is.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
WRONG!

what is the welsh for wales?

CYMRU

how do you pronounce it?

KUHMRY

I meant in Llanelli.

Dim yn yr iaith i gyd. Yes I know my Welsh sucks too lol

Quote by Johnny Trash
There's nothing wrong with being proud.
Just don't come to England and spend every minute of your time there telling me how great Wales is.

We might go to Wales camping, but we don't preach about England whilst we're there
I have nothing wrong with Welsh coming over, just don't talk to me about how great your country is.

I disagree with this. But we'll have to agree to disagree, Welsh people are just proud of their history and country, no matter how shit it is

RMF

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Yes. I've met many people from Wales who can't speak a word of Welsh and can't even pronounce some of our place names.

Half of Wales probably can't even pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychgwyndrobwllllantisiliogogogoch.

(One word)

Edit: Also it's Llanelli, not Llaneli.

Ll is a letter in welsh.

That is one hell of a hard word to say in one go though, and I got an A in welsh. But I can pronounce all the words though, but sounds like 'll' and 'ch' are kind of weird, I don't like them too be honest, they sound harsh, and our language has so many, ond mae'n well gyda fi byw yn Cymru(I'm not sure if I got that right tbh ,might be yn y Cymru ).
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Page 1 of 4