Yesterday, I made a thread about getting a 7 string for lower tunings, But someone said I would be better off getting a 6 string baritone.

So I did some research on teh interwebz and couldn't really find any good info on them, and Yes, I also used the search bar.

So what exactly Is the difference between a 6 string in Drop B and a 6 String Baritone in Drop B?
Baritone is tuned to B standard, i.e:

B
G
D
A
E
B

EDIT: Typo
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Baritone's have a longer neck scale. So the strings you need for low tunings won't have to be as thick.

EDIT: In my opinion, if you're tuning lower than C you'll want a baritone. It makes intonation a whole lot easier.
A baritone guitar has a higher scale length (generally 27-28") meaning that it has higher string tension when compared to a regular length guitar, allowing you to use lighter strings for lower tunings or play easier if you're not used to the lack of string tension
ohai little sig.
Danelectro makes a pretty cool baritone guitar for pretty cheap. obviously it has the lipstick tube pickups so they're meant for lower gain vintage sounds, if that's what you're into
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Quote by Dudeman5000
Baritone is tuned to B standard, i.e:

B
G
D
A
E
B

EDIT: Typo

at you, B standard is BEADF#B

Take a look at Schecters.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by vodoochile
Danelectro makes a pretty cool baritone guitar for pretty cheap. obviously it has the lipstick tube pickups so they're meant for lower gain vintage sounds, if that's what you're into

They are plywood guitars

but if you really want a cheap baritone those are the way to go

One day I'm gonna get a danelectro baritone and throw an EMG in there or something
so I can get extr33m3 br00t4l met4l t0n3
I don't even shred
So I'm guessing the necks are a little longer than average.

Well, Thanks guys, Next time I go to a GC or music store, I'll probably try one out to see how it feels.
It depends really. Have you even tried a 7 string?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The Agile baritone AG-3500 from Rondo is pretty good. If you want you can see mine on my profile for lookin at. I don't really know how well it compares to other brands, but I've got a lot of guitars and the quality on it is really pretty good for an unbelievable price.
Quote by aznrockerdude
It depends really. Have you even tried a 7 string?

No, But I've been wanting to try one out for a really long time, I'm a huge fan of 7 string players, Vai, Ken Susi, Buz Mcgrath and Petrucci