Hi everybody I wanna know what's the difference between INF1-INF2 and INF3-INF4 magnetics? And for hard rock, which magnetics better? INF1-INF2 , INF3-INF4 or EMG-HZ H4?
well, i know one thing for sure, inf1-2 are in the S guitars, and inf3-4 are in the RG series. and as far as i can rememmber, inf1-2 are more powerful.
I understand that Inf1 and Inf 2 better for me.. Ibanez Rgr321ex have them?(because a web site said that it has emg designed magnetics) But for my style which is suitable Inf1 - Inf2 or passive emg magnetics(EMG-HZ H4)? My style is like Godsmack,Disturbed,Drowning Pool,Evanescence,Static-X.. shortly cort evlz4 or ibanez rgr321ex?
Last edited by CybeRBoy1903 at Sep 4, 2008,
They all suck compared to the real deal. Get some Duncans or dimarzio's. (Personal opinion)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
They all suck compared to the real deal. Get some Duncans or dimarzio's. (Personal opinion)

pretty much.
I installed duncan blackouts in my S series last night.
Quote by CybeRBoy1903
Hi everybody I wanna know what's the difference between INF1-INF2 and INF3-INF4 magnetics? And for hard rock, which magnetics better? INF1-INF2 , INF3-INF4 or EMG-HZ H4?

It doesn't matter - you don't need to worry about minutiae like pickups when buying your first guitar. You've got far more important things to worry about, like learning to play the thing. You're not going to be in a position to judge your pickups until you've been playing a good while and have develped your listening skills a bit, for the next year or so you're going to be focussing all your effort on simply learning how to recognise notes and techniques rather than the finer points of a tone.

This is the problem with the internet, there's too much information out there and people end up worrying about stuff way before it's an issue.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I wanna take an electric guitar and use it min. 3years so I must buy a good one a suitable one..But for my style which is suitable Inf1 - Inf2, Inf3-Inf4 or passive emg magnetics(EMG-HZ H4)? My style is like Godsmack,Disturbed,Drowning Pool,Evanescence,Static-X..
OK first of all, they're called pickups, not magnetics.
Syntax errors aside, I'd get the INF 1/2. Is this your first guitar? If so, don't worry so much, and after a while (after you get a decent amp) you can replace pickups.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by CybeRBoy1903
I wanna take an electric guitar and use it min. 3years so I must buy a good one a suitable one..But for my style which is suitable Inf1 - Inf2, Inf3-Inf4 or passive emg magnetics(EMG-HZ H4)? My style is like Godsmack,Disturbed,Drowning Pool,Evanescence,Static-X..

I know professional musicians who've been playing longer than I've been alive and they aren't as arsed about pickups as you seem to be - they're really not all that important. If, as you develop, you become more and more finicky about your tone then they're something you can look at to change things but you're not at that stage yet and won't be for a long time...you might not ever get that obsessive/anal about things.

Stop worrying about it for the time being though, it's a non issue and if it wasn't for the infernal internet you wouldn't care about them - you're only making a fuss about them because you've read about other people doing it and you therefore think it's what you're supposed to do . Just buy something that looks pretty and is straightforward to maintain...Ibanez RG321MH wins here, and get a decent, reliable amp like a Cube.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 4, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
It doesn't matter - you don't need to worry about minutiae like pickups when buying your first guitar. You've got far more important things to worry about, like learning to play the thing. You're not going to be in a position to judge your pickups until you've been playing a good while and have develped your listening skills a bit, for the next year or so you're going to be focussing all your effort on simply learning how to recognise notes and techniques rather than the finer points of a tone.

This is the problem with the internet, there's too much information out there and people end up worrying about stuff way before it's an issue.

God, everything said here is so true.

Steven, you are the man. Or seagull. Whatever.

/thread
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator