I'm planning on getting an aerodyne stratocaster for my next guitar.
But im wondering why its so much cheaper than the other strat.
Is this like a low end stratocaster ?
And does anyone have any other strat recommendations
What "other strat" are you referring to?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
areodynes are like $300 more than MIM standards im pretty sure. could be wrong.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Because it's not made in America, I think. Made in Japan (DEEP PURPLE REFERENCE) I believe.

By other Strat, I think you mean a USA Standard. Hell, it would sound practically the same, maybe the wood will give a bit of difference, but yeah. MIJs are good.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
l3p4d, i meant "other strats". As in why is it more cheaper than other fender strats.

mikeyElite, i checked the fender price list pdf file and its listed 999.99 US
Quote by DGen92
l3p4d, i meant "other strats". As in why is it more cheaper than other fender strats.

mikeyElite, i checked the fender price list pdf file and its listed 999.99 US

Most Strats that are more expensive are USA ones, this is a MIJ one. So that's why it's cheaper. Doesn't make much difference in sound, MIJs are good, as I said up there ^.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yeah thanks, so is the aerodyne strat good for its price ?

EDIT: As in a good deal.
The black one with black pickguard is even sexier than this one, but I think that they are made only for Japanese market. Anyhow - MIJ strats are good, I have an old Japanese strat and it's awesome. Modern ones are said to be great, too.
Keep in mind that unlike those other strats, Aerodynes are made of basswood. As such, they don't quite sound the same.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Keep in mind that unlike those other strats, Aerodynes are made of basswood. As such, they don't quite sound the same.

how so ? ... can you explain please ?
Quote by DGen92
how so ? ... can you explain please ?

What's there to explain. Standard strats are alder, aerodynes are basswood. Different tonewoods make for a different sounding guitar. Start here if you want to know how different body woods affect your sound.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
alright thanks, do you know if you can get this in canada ? ... since you live in Canada ?
Quote by DGen92
alright thanks, do you know if you can get this in canada ? ... since you live in Canada ?
Yeah, I've seen the black one in L&M here in Toronto more than once. You could also try contacting LAMusic.ca - they carry Fenders and might have it cheaper than store shelf price.
Quote by pifty
Yeah, I've seen the black one in L&M here in Toronto more than once. You could also try contacting LAMusic.ca - they carry Fenders and might have it cheaper than store shelf price.

really ? i live in toronto too o.O ... anyways is it the one with the pickguard or without it ?

And at long and mcquade can you get it in another colour ? like red ?
Quote by DGen92
really ? i live in toronto too o.O ... anyways is it the one with the pickguard or without it ?

I'm pretty sure they're all sold with a pickguard around here. Check the L&M on Steeles West, that's where I've seen it last. I don't know if you can get it in a different colour - never tried, but I'm sure they can hook you up if you pay up.
Last edited by pifty at Sep 3, 2008,
alright thanks, im pretty much set on the aerodyne strat now, gonna do w/e it takes to get it ty guys
Quote by DGen92

Just in case you're still hunting for one, what you're looking for is the Fender Aerodyne Classic Stratocaster which comes with a PG.

The Special Edition colors are: Natural, Transparent Crimson Red, and Transparent Blue.

Aerodynes are very attractive guitars. My friends gravitate to it even with the other guitars with nice Maple tops around.

Quote by DGen92

You can get a body and neck (with all the hardware) in red from ebay for about 800$..

BODY

NECK
"To Talk Without Thinking Is To Shoot Without Aiming"
I think the aerodyne sooo needs to be HSS instead of SSS. It just looks like its made for hard rock/metal whatever but then it only comes with single coils.......
Quote by Furious Yellow
You can get a body and neck (with all the hardware) in red from ebay for about 800$..

BODY

NECK

yeah but that seems like a pain to put together, plus, i've only been playing for a year and i have no experience in that area. Also, is there anyway to get the strat without the binding ?