I'm looking to buy my second REAL guitar (if you include my shitty Squier). I already have a decent electric guitar (Schecter Damien FR), so I'm going to get an acoustic. I was looking at the Ibanez AEL20E-TBS, but I'm having other thoughts too...

1.) I'm a little shaky about getting an Ibanez acoustic since Ibanez is more known for their electric guitars. I'd be happier with something that I know will be good quality like a Gibson, but the price of Gibsons just aren't in my range.

2.) I also had thoughts of a 12-string acoustic. I've played some 6 strings, but they just sound too plain. I'm looking for something with a kind of natural resonating tone. But, 12-strings are harder to play, and harder to tune. I don't know...

Anyway, my price range is about $300-$500, but I really don't want to have to spend $500 on a guitar.

Thanks!

Also, any reviews on the Les Paul Axcess??? Not looking to buy obviously because of the price tag, I really just wanna try that out!
I own an ibanez AW CE-10 acoustic guitar and, while i'll admit i'm a bit biased, its one of the best sounding acoustics i've ever played. The artwood series of ibanez guitars is great because they all have solid wood tops. I'd suggest something like the Ibanez AW130RGECENT (found on musiciansfriend.com)
I own a samich greg bennet series guitar and for a 6 string it is amazing.

My suggestion to you though is dont buy one off the internet. You know your price limit but dont look at the price on the guitar before you pick it up. Start picking up guitars untill one clicks with you. I mean you can force yourself into a playing a guitar because you want to or you can wait till one that was meant for you finds you.
Bring Back the Music

I am a gear whore... Any little odds and ends that is in the middle of nowhere, I am coming for you

UG Missle Silo

Quote by SvnStringMaster
It sounds way hot, fuzzy, and like i shoved a mic up my ass and ran up the stairs.
I own an acoustic-electric Ibanez PF (6 string), and I love it. I looked around for about 6 months before buying an acoustic (my first guitar; the one I learned on was my mom's 35 year old yamaha that was warped because she didn't loosen the strings before putting it away for 30 some-odd years).

I was on a tight budget, and was searching mostly used guitars. I stumbled across this one on one of my trips to a Guitar Center. I was apprehensive, like you are, because Ibanez is more known for electrics, but I don't regret the purchase at all. Out of all of my friends' guitars I prefer playing my PF. It has low action for an acoustic, a built-in tuner, and a crisp treble tone (especially with new strings). I use D'Addario Custom Lights and the guitar sounds beautifully (though I recently played a Martin with Martin SP strings and am thinking about switching to those). If I remember correctly I payed less than $300 for the used guitar, some strings and a hard case.

I love my Ibanez acoustic, but I didn't intend to buy Ibanez until the day I tried this one out. It's worth giving it a shot, but I suggest going to a lot of guitar stores and finding a particular guitar with the exact sound you're looking for. Hope that helps. Good luck on your search.
Quote by 5150EVH1984
I'm looking to buy my second REAL guitar (if you include my shitty Squier). I already have a decent electric guitar (Schecter Damien FR), so I'm going to get an acoustic. I was looking at the Ibanez AEL20E-TBS, but I'm having other thoughts too...

1.) I'm a little shaky about getting an Ibanez acoustic since Ibanez is more known for their electric guitars. I'd be happier with something that I know will be good quality like a Gibson, but the price of Gibsons just aren't in my range.

2.) I also had thoughts of a 12-string acoustic. I've played some 6 strings, but they just sound too plain. I'm looking for something with a kind of natural resonating tone. But, 12-strings are harder to play, and harder to tune. I don't know...

Anyway, my price range is about $300-$500, but I really don't want to have to spend $500 on a guitar.

Thanks!

Also, any reviews on the Les Paul Axcess??? Not looking to buy obviously because of the price tag, I really just wanna try that out!

I haven't/nerver weard good things about gibson acoustics i think they have but i cant assure you that its true (never tried one )
I don't like Ibanez acoustic guitars. I've played quite a few and their tone is far too tinny for me. Gibson make great acoustic guitars, but like you said, they're out of your price range.

For the $300-$500 price range I'd just go to a guitar store and ask for EVERY guitar in the store within that price range. I spent a little over $200 on an Art & Lutherie dreadnaught and it is AWESOME. Seagull is also a great brand for cheap acoustics. You may want to factor in whether you want a pickup or not in the guitar, as this will also affect the cost/your final decision.