I was thinking about getting an Agile AL-2500 and a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp. My favorite genres are Classic Rock, Blues, Hard Rock, and Grunge. Some of my favorite bands are Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Cream, Black Sabbath, The Yardbirds, and Metallica. Would an Agile work or should I purchase something cheaper (like a Squier Strat) because I'm new to guitar? I was also thinking about a roland cube instead of a Line 6. Thanks.
Agiles are supposed to be really good but I wouldn't spend too much on a guitar until you're sure that you will stick with playing, however an Agile would be far nicer than a Squier and probably make you want to play more The Roland Cube would definetly be the better of those 2 amps, I would personally avoid the Spider.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Agile would be good. Line 6 however, wont be so good IMO. Definately at least check out a Roland Cube. As long as you dont get an Agile with EMGs, you should be perfectly fine.
get a Yamaha pacifica 112 its a awesome guitar under 300$ and has really good tone the squire is a really rushed guitar without its name easily under 100$ USD but ya a good amp would be better then a good guitar get that agile
roland cube n check out craiglist, look 4 a used 1, incase u change ur mind bout playing, u wont b out to much.
you have good tast in music, i would go for the roland cube over the line 6 spider, mainly because spiders have many problems
I'd go for a VOX valvetronix AD15VT, or a small tube amp like the Epiphone valve junior or the Peavey Valveking Royal 8.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Roland cube 30x

or check out some solid state carvins.

Stick with that Agile though, they're great guitars for the price.
I don't even shred
Great replies. I'll definitely steer clear of Line 6. Currently I'm leaning towards a Roland Cube 15x found here:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-15X-Amp?sku=487030

As far as the Agile model, is an AL-2000 a noticeable drop in quality compared to an AL-3000? The two guitars are located here:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1028.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000csb.html

I'm kinda thinking an AL-2000 would be closer to my beginner status. Even though I've never played, I love listening to music and have over 25,000 rock songs. Some other favorites include Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Eric Clapton, The Doors, The Beatles, The Who, and The Rolling Stones. Jimmy Page is my favorite guitarist.

Thanks again for the enlightening responses.
Seriously get that AL-3000, that's what an LP should be-maple cap on a mahogany body.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.