I am 18, and there is this guy who is 17 who is quite frankly, pissing me off.

Are there any extra kind of boundaries or restrictions (because im legally an adult, and he isn't) that would not let me fight back if we got into a fight?
Violence solves nothing, man, don't be a tool.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
im not sure, so, **** it....kick his ass....
Gibson SG Standard
Dean Avalanche
Line 6 Spider II 30
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah

Velvet Revolver/Alice in Chains- 10/7/07
Foo Fighters - 1/17/08
Pearl Jam - 6/12/08
Stone Temple Pilots- 8/22/08
Well, a fight could still be construed as assault. This all kind of depends on were you are at, but the age difference should not be a big issue. Assault and battery perhaps, but I don't think him being a minor would make a difference.
I would let him throw the first punch, just to be sure.

But another question:

If he throws the first punch and i dodge it, can i still fight back and call it self defense?
One time I had a 17 year old punk kid try to attack me over some issue that he had totally mixed up. I thought the same thing because I was 21 at the time and it really took a lot of patience for me to refrain hitting the kid. I had just graduated Police Foundations at the time though and figured it was better I not risk wasting the money I had invested.

I kind of regret my decision sometimes but he wasn't able to hurt me even with my not attacking so the joke was on him in the end.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Micsunderland3
I am 18, and there is this guy who is 17 who is quite frankly, pissing me off.

Are there any extra kind of boundaries or restrictions (because im legally an adult, and he isn't) that would not let me fight back if we got into a fight?

yes actually. youd get assault on a minor which is a pretty big offense. but he would need to report you to the police which is all around a big hassle, so all in all i think you might be ok if you slap the kid around a bit as long as you dont do any huge bodily harm. now IF hes got crazy uptight parents, they COULD sue you. and dont anyone tell me "Nah that wont happen" because it did at my little school.

What exactly is this kid doing thats pissing you off?
Quote by Micsunderland3
I would let him throw the first punch, just to be sure.

But another question:

If he throws the first punch and i dodge it, can i still fight back and call it self defense?

If you have a witness.
I wouldn't recommend starting a fight.

How exactly is he pissing you off? Maybe you can humiliate him in return
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4lc1PlwHos
Long answer: Yes, it's called Assaulting a Minor which is a pretty big deal, to be honest. It's a great way to get some jailtime/a large fine. If the kid's a real dick he'll try to start something, and may try to get you to throw a punch so he can sue. I'd advise not doing shit to him, especially since he's 17.

Short answer: Wait for his birthday.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
Long answer: Yes, it's called Assaulting a Minor which is a pretty big deal, to be honest. It's a great way to get some jailtime/a large fine. If the kid's a real dick he'll try to start something, and may try to get you to throw a punch so he can sue. I'd advise not doing shit to him, especially since he's 17.

Short answer: Wait for his birthday.

I imagined this guy about to eat a cake when suddenly a boxing glove springs out of it and breaks his nose.
Quote by PrimalScreamer
yes actually. youd get assault on a minor which is a pretty big offense. but he would need to report you to the police which is all around a big hassle, so all in all i think you might be ok if you slap the kid around a bit as long as you dont do any huge bodily harm. now IF hes got crazy uptight parents, they COULD sue you. and dont anyone tell me "Nah that wont happen" because it did at my little school.

What exactly is this kid doing thats pissing you off?
There's only 2 things they could sue him for:

1) Financial loss due to medical bills. In this case the person would have to have documented medical bills that are clearly related to injuries sustained from the fight. They could not be awarded any more than their total cost in medical bills for that/those particular injury(ies).

2) Pain and suffering. This is a hard case to win and the only way a judge would award it is if you had medical evidence to prove that you were in a lot of pain for a measurable length of time. Broken bones could probably do it. A bruise on the face would have to be REALLY bad and look awfully ugly and in order to win a case the plaintiff would also have to prove that he had absolutely no part in provoking the incident what-so-ever. Financial loss is extremely easy to prove (just bring the bills) but pain and suffering requires that you do a really good job of convincing the judge that you were honestly in a lot of pain for a long time and that you didn't do anything to bring it upon yourself. Some people may think it's easy to just BS your way through it but small claims judges are excellent at detecting BS since they have to hear so much of it.

It's also worth noting that suing someone for financial damages is much more of a pain in the ass than filing a police report. There are court fees that you need to pay, you have to show up the trial (putting off work etc.). Filing a police report is a simple matter of a phone call and an interview with a cop. Also, there are places where you can't do both (press criminal charges and sue for damages). So you need to be mindful of the laws in your area. My father was in that position when he was hit by a drunk driver. My father is a trucker and the guy totaled his (my dad's) semi. He had to pick between suing the guy for the cost of his half-million dollar truck or pressing criminal charges for drunk and reckless driving. He couldn't do both.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer but I watch an unhealthy amount of people's court and judge judy.
Since you're legally an adult, why don't you try acting like one instead?
Say he tripped.
My signature has doubled...
As long as you can trust that rat ass won't report you to the police, then it's okay. But make sure you **** him up for a good, legitimate reason. Try and get him to punch you first, and even if he does try and take it to court, say you had to defend yourself.

Or, you could **** up that ****ing ****'s face and make sure that bastard never ****ing ****s with you again. Make sure that mother ****ing **** sucking asshole will never report you to the police or anyone of any power.You take shit from nobody. So ****ing rip his face off.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by garett
There's only 2 things they could sue him for:

1) Financial loss due to medical bills. In this case the person would have to have documented medical bills that are clearly related to injuries sustained from the fight. They could not be awarded any more than their total cost in medical bills for that/those particular injury(ies).

2) Pain and suffering. This is a hard case to win and the only way a judge would award it is if you had medical evidence to prove that you were in a lot of pain for a measurable length of time. Broken bones could probably do it. A bruise on the face would have to be REALLY bad and look awfully ugly and in order to win a case the plaintiff would also have to prove that he had absolutely no part in provoking the incident what-so-ever. Financial loss is extremely easy to prove (just bring the bills) but pain and suffering requires that you do a really good job of convincing the judge that you were honestly in a lot of pain for a long time and that you didn't do anything to bring it upon yourself. Some people may think it's easy to just BS your way through it but small claims judges are excellent at detecting BS since they have to hear so much of it.

It's also worth noting that suing someone for financial damages is much more of a pain in the ass than filing a police report. There are court fees that you need to pay, you have to show up the trial (putting off work etc.). Filing a police report is a simple matter of a phone call and an interview with a cop. Also, there are places where you can't do both (press criminal charges and sue for damages). So you need to be mindful of the laws in your area. My father was in that position when he was hit by a drunk driver. My father is a trucker and the guy totaled his (my dad's) semi. He had to pick between suing the guy for the cost of his half-million dollar truck or pressing criminal charges for drunk and reckless driving. He couldn't do both.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer but I watch an unhealthy amount of people's court and judge judy.

Assault????

My friend was actually considering this as well. Best thing to do is to wait for him to throw the first punch. If he is actually TRYING to hurt you, then you can fight back for self defense. This means you can dodge it and still fight back. Just don't take it to far, or I think it is considered battery. I'm not sure. But if he tries to hurt ya, knock him down. Just not to much and you'll be fine.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by sargasm
Since you're legally an adult, why don't you try acting like one instead?

This is the best option, I forgot to mention. Beating him up will solve nothing, so avoid him when possible and do nothing.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by sixwingmortal
As long as you can trust that rat ass won't report you to the police, then it's okay. But make sure you **** him up for a good, legitimate reason. Try and get him to punch you first, and even if he does try and take it to court, say you had to defend yourself.

Or, you could **** up that ****ing ****'s face and make sure that bastard never ****ing ****s with you again. Make sure that mother ****ing **** sucking asshole will never report you to the police or anyone of any power.You take shit from nobody. So ****ing rip his face off.

if you want to go to jail i think this would work.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
You could be sued for Assault and Battery as well. This is possible regardless of age.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by sixwingmortal

Yeah, but if he's got a broken jaw, cracked ribs and is generally messed up, it was hardly "Defence", was it?
A single crack to the head should knock him out, and just leave it at that.
No point beating an unconscious person. That's just stupid.

Now, knocking someone out then pissing on them, well, that's a different story

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by Pinky19
Assault????

My friend was actually considering this as well. Best thing to do is to wait for him to throw the first punch. If he is actually TRYING to hurt you, then you can fight back for self defense. This means you can dodge it and still fight back. Just don't take it to far, or I think it is considered battery. I'm not sure. But if he tries to hurt ya, knock him down. Just not to much and you'll be fine.
You're confusing "to sue" and "to press charges". They mean completely different things.
Quote by JaykeSucks
Now, knocking someone out then pissing on them, well, that's a different story

Thats a VERY bad idea. Its considered a sexual offense. Youd become a registered sex offender and be on the megans law website.
Don't worry, you can just punch the cops when they try to come get you. You're covered!!
We're only strays.
Quote by Micsunderland3
because im legally an adult

Yep. Legally.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
What kind of advice is "let him throw the first punch." When it comes to a fight ALWAYS be first!!! You'll look pretty dumb edging him on to punch you if he does happen to connect and put you on yer arse. If you're in the least worried about "getting in trouble" then you shouldn't be fighting in the first place.

Find out if he has a sister, if he does...bang his sister.