okay, yea, I know how to palm mute, but the thing is I want my PM's to sound super heavy like purging of the wicked by Sea Of Treachery the intro... I want mine to sound as heavy as that. =/ how?
you really really need to click this, and register: Music forum
Use downstrokes, hit the strings pretty hard, and mute pretty hard, too.

Don't, like, completely kill the vibration, but do mute it with some force.

It also depends on the guitar sound. Use the bridge pickup for a tighter sound
It mostly depends on the amp.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
I think it comes from the amp settings . Though, I'm not very good at this

when I want to do that, I just lay a lil' bit of my hand , it's hard to explain

like, when I do a PM, but with less "palm" , know what I mean ?
distortion , power behind your strum and use your wrist more for it so you get a lot more power out of smaller amounts, its one of the only things i can acutully do is tremelo pick super heavy chords. and practice different types of palm muting positions and lengths the short the hold the less sound you get. really it is all practice on your palm muting. thankfully i picked it up really fast and have a good sense for it.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
checked out the video on youtube, and the song is damn near the worst I have heard/

Their tone sounds extremely muddy, and the vocals sound like cookie monster.

Horrible music
oh and dying in your arms by trivium right after the intro, the doubles dun dun, ............... dun dun, I want that type of mutes
also depends where you are resting your palm. the more towards the neck you go the more it deadens and doesn't have that oomph anymore.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
uhhh, tune down?
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
something else you can try which works for me is to use as little of the pick as possible. try curving the pick as well (as paul gilbert always says in his instructional videos).

curve the pick, and use as little of it as possible. it allows me to produce tight and quick chunks without having a lot of difficulty.

connah is absolutely right. where your palm is placed is very very important too.
Quote by Xx Death xX
oh and if it helps I have a fender frontman 15G

...that explains a lot...

For those REALLY heavy palm mutings, you need a high gain amp (think Dual Rec or 5150) with a 4x12 cab and lots and lots of volume
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
scrap it and buy an Engl Screamer, mate. That should give you all the heaviness you need. and if it isn't enough, buy a TS9 and an extension cab of some sort.

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
how bout a pocket pod, that should give me the sound I'm looking for, right? because I wanna be able to record stuff I play, and also get the different tones from bands.
my bass amp gives me very powerfull PMs that`s why i have been using it

(oww i am sad that the 100 watts peavey bandit 112 that was going to be mine was selled before, i was gonna change it for a subwoofer i have no $$)
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
Tune down, scoop the shit out of your mids.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger

horrible, horrible idea. well, I like the "tune down"-part, but save your mids

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
horrible, horrible idea. well, I like the "tune down"-part, but save your mids

this, never get rid of your mids.

as far as your amp goes, you're never going to get what you want with that 15G, save up and get yourself a good high gain tube amp (of which a few good ones have already been suggested to you)

oh and i'd remove that sig if i was you TS before a mod see's it and you get warned/banned.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
BASS up to max on your amp, Distortion max, not much tone, usually use bridge pickup, humbucker, preferably EMG
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
BASS up to max on your amp, Distortion max, not much tone, usually use bridge pickup, humbucker, preferably EMG

so you think he should use an active pickup .... on a fender frontman 15g?

.... really?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Quote by BladeSlinger

This is some of the worst advice I've ever seen on these forums, and that's saying a lot.

Certainly, adding a little more bass toy our EQ might help in a very lazy, poor-sounding way. What would be better though is if you used slightly thicker strings, and if you raised the bass side of your pickups so the lower strings came through with a little more punch naturally (rather than letting your amp unaturally boost the lower bass frequencies with the EQ).

And don't scoop the mids. In fact, never take out anything. Boost some parts of the signal, sure. Add bass, add treble, add mids. Don't ever remove anything though, as you'll just be robbing yourself of clarity and dynamic response. In fact for clear chunky palm muting, you want your mids to be as full and as pumped as they can be really.

Also, you will often find in metal, the guitar you're focusing on is being doubled up often with a rhythm guitar that's been set up to have a darker tone, the bass, and more often than not the drums as well, so it's not all just coming from the one guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone

worst idea EVER!!!!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
i have a microcube and i get killer palm mutes, have your palm more or less right on the bridge and just use really strong down strokes,

also dying in you arms is powerchords they just cut short instead of ringing out, not palm muting.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
The pocket pod is okay for headphone practice, but IMO sounds pretty crappy when placed in front of an amplifier. It has lots of heavy tones on it, but it is nothing to write home about -- the tones sound very digital and wet with effects. It takes some tweaking on a computer to get superior tones out of it. I don't see this as a solution to your Fender Frontman problem, though. If you want to play through a speaker, you'd be better off with a Microcube.
How I get my killer mutes:

Neck pick-up
Metal pedal, with 9 bass, 5 mid, 7 treble, max gain
Quite high volume
Tuned to C#.
Hard down-strokes, preferably on a C# power chord (I'd much rather chugg 8ths über-style than play loads of less heavy 16ths)

I'm quite fond of the tone in general, it's very versitale and give me both great heaviness and a round, melodic, nice tone for the leads (I hate ear-piercing tones)
I don't see what's so wrong with scooping your mids, I do it with my VH all the time, and it sounds horrid about 5 on the mid dial.
The only way you're gonna get a heavy ass crunch like that is if you crank up the volume. Volume helps more than distortion when it comes to getting a heavy palm-muted sound (unless you have a LOT of distortion, which IMO = disgusting tone)
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60