I got my guitar set up in E today, so I need to find some stuff to learn. I like a bunch of different genres of metal, particularly Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth, Black Sabbath sort of stuff. Iron Maiden is good as well. My only problem is that I'm at the point where I'm getting bored playing nothing but power chords and simple stuff, but I don't have the speed to do moderately fast solos. They never really interested me that much until a lil bit ago, so now I'm kinda screwed.

Also, if anyone can point me in the direction of a list of arpeggios so I can work on my sweep picking I'd be pretty happy. Thanks.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Sooo... No recommendations? =(

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

uhhh.... seek and destroy? ( Mettalica )
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
nice avatar lol
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by ac/dc752
uhhh.... seek and destroy? ( Mettalica )

I was actually considering that song but the solo seems kinda hard. The riffs are really easy and then BAM.

White Zombie is pretty easy. I particularly like the beginning of Soul Crusher
I once hit a man in Dearborn. Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on goin. I don't know if he's alive or dead. But I'm sorry. Not a day goes by i don't see his face.
I like that White Zombie song. Too bad I don't have it on my Zune for at school =( Any more recomendations?

Some sweeps i do:

(Any fret)

Major

e-------------------9h12p9-----------------
B-------------10------------10--------------
G----------9--------------------9------------
D-----11---------------------------11-------
A-12----------------------------------12----
E----------------------------------------------

Minor

e-------------------8h12p8------------------
B--------------10-------------10-------------
G----------9-----------------------9----------
D------10------------------------------10----
A--12------------------------------------12--
E-----------------------------------------------

You can also just do the bottom three strings of either of those.

As for songs:

I would love to-Steve vai (at least up to the first chorus)

Fade to black isnt too difficult, dont know about that final solo though

One if you can tap

Master of puppets first solo(s)

Different world - Iron maiden

Number of the beast - Do i need to say it?

Limelight - rush

shewolf- Megadeth (can be learned in 5 minutes if you've never heard it before)
Quote by frenchyfungus
Hmmm, all these people going on about fingering chords....makes me want to meet her.

Check out my nintendocore band, Super Luigi 65!
www.myspace.com/superluigi65
no offense but if your not to the point ot soloing dont go to sweep picking. You will most likely waste time. But like you said, your bored with stuff. Sweeping is the most fun part of guitar i think. I learned it early(bad decision) and it made guitar fun for me again.
Quote by bWsWwrestler
no offense but if your not to the point ot soloing dont go to sweep picking. You will most likely waste time. But like you said, your bored with stuff. Sweeping is the most fun part of guitar i think. I learned it early(bad decision) and it made guitar fun for me again.

I can already sweep pick pretty good. Its just I need more things to sweep picking that are not in a solo going 250bpm And thanks, whoever it was, for those two arpeggios and the song suggestions. Anyone else have ideas though?

Uh, I really don't think you should start with sweep picking. I think you should learn the basics of other things...such as developing your vibratto, learning more scales and just practicing improvising over different chord progressions.

Practicing sweep picking will just make you sound like all those other people who jump right into trying to shred and just sound sloppy and like shit.