My guitars an RG2120x and has a L.R baggs piezo. The problem is the 9v battery in the piezo only lasts a week and when the battery is drained, not only does the piezo stop working but there is a huge noise coming out of my neck pickup unless im touching something metal. The bridge pickup is fine though.

Both pickups used to make the noise but when I swapped them out, I wired the green wire directly to the back of the volume pot instead of where it was before(which im not sure of). If I wire the green wire of the neck pickup also directly to the back of the pot, do you think that would fix the problem because I have no idea if the magnetic pickups affect the piezo or not. Im not too knowledgeable on guitar wiring

Does anyone have any advice of why my Piezo's screwed up?

Cheers
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
First of all, does the back of your volume pot have a wire going to the tremolo claw? That's the ground. Essentially, the green of both pickups has to be connected to that ground - usually via the back of the pot which is also connected to the ground.

As for battery running out - do you keep your cable in the guitar? The jack acts as a piezo switch, so you have to pull the cable out when you're not playing, or you're draining the battery at all times.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Yes I disconnect the lead everytime I finish playing so thats definitely not the problem.

The wires coming from the tremolo claw both go to this big chip which I really don't want to touch.

Both bare wires from neck and bridge pickup go to the volume pot. The green wire on the neck pickup goes to the pickup selector thingie though so do you think thats the problem? The thing is though, is that the neck pickup is only noisy when the piezo battery is drained.

And thanks for your help!
Quote by John Petrucci
Ok, before we go on, the pickups are dimarzios, right? You mentioned that you swapped them out.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Oh yea sorry forgot to mention that. I replaced the IBZ/Dimarzio stock pickups with Dimarzio Air norton neck and Dimarzio Steves Special bridge.
Quote by John Petrucci
Did you replace them yourself or did some boffin do it for you?

I failed to remember that the 2120 is HH. Which means that the hot wire on the neck is reversed from the bridge to keep the pups in phase. Thus, your bridge pickup goes to the switch on red (hot), and to the pot on green (ground). On your neck pickup, it's the opposite - green should be hot, and red should be ground. We established that green from the neck goes to the switch - which is correct, but where does the red from the neck go?
I got someone to do it for me. He said he put everything back where it was except the green wire on the bridge as he wasn't sure where that came from, so he put it on the volume pot.

All 4 colored wires on the neck pickup go to the switch and the bare wire goes to the volume.
Quote by John Petrucci
Arr. That 5-way HH wiring is a bit unintuitive. It sounds like your neck is not grounded, which might happen if the switch isn't grounded in the positions where the neck pickup is active. Since the neck has a parallel mode in the fifth, it has the most complex wire route.

I'm a bit rusty with my abstract electronics, so if you could hook up some clear pics of the switch sides, it might help.