Hey, I'm looking for a good wah for metal. I'm into a lot of death/thrash metal like Death, Opeth, Atheist, Cynic, Megadeth, Metallica, Testament, Morbid Angel, Obituary, etc. Right now I'm using a Morley Power Wah. It sounds okay but it has no features really and it's awkward to turn on (it has a button to turn it on instead of just stepping on it like most wah pedals). Anyways, I was looking at an Ibanez Weeping Demon or Dunlop Crybaby 535Q. Does anyone have any complaints about either of these pedals or do you think I should get one? I was really thinking about getting the Ibanez.
weeping demon FTW
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Ok, so will the Weeping Demon work fine for death/thrash metal solos? Will it cut through easy and sound good? Also, are there any famous artists that use one besides Herman Li?
Take a look at the Crybaby From Hell. It's pretty versatile from what I've heard.
The amount of wah threads there are everyday *facepalm*

Search the Ultimate Wah Thread, or if your really easy, look at the list below

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Signature
Morley Bad Horsie 1 or 2
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Weeping Demon is pretty nice, it can cut through distortion really well but it does take a little while to get used to...more knobs, buttons, and levers on this thing than your average wah.
crazy talking animals
how good is the boss pw-10 v-wah compared to that one

I have only have used the pw-10 boss v-wah (is the one i have)and never played with any other wah
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
ya the weeping demon is amazing. and just for a little bit less the dimebag wah is pretty metal itself
The dunlop crybaby from hell works well for metal. Its very tweakable as well. I have it, and it can pull off metallica no problem.
Quote by jj1565
what type of music do you play?

if you play mostly bees in a box music then go wt the MG
if you play transformers, more than meets the eye, then Spider.