Im not totally familiar with tubescreamers because ive only used one overdrive pedal EVER. It was a Boss SD-1 and it no longer works so im asking you if you guys know which screamer is best for me. I have a MESA F50 and i want to know which is best for me. Cheaper the better. I know that a bad monkey is cheap and that a TS-9 is 80+ which is more than i want to spend.

CAn anyone help me? Im just looking to tighten up my high gain sound.
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
A bad monkey would do on a budget. A green screamer is pretty good as well. If you are handy with a soldering iron a clone from general guitar gadgets is a pretty good choice. I have one and I really like it. Works good for blues overdrive and pushing amp for metal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I like my ts7 . good pkg. has non bumpable knobs and a high gain switch for 2 modes. It seems to really help smooth out some tube amps gain
I have a TS-7 that I used to use a lot, took apart and diddled around with and put back together. It sounds a lot more like a TS808 than a TS9 which is a bit more transparent.

I'm not really that fond of tubescreamers though for overdrive. They're ok I guess, but imo, there are better sounding options. At least in my opinion...
Quote by al112987
I have a TS-7 that I used to use a lot, took apart and diddled around with and put back together. It sounds a lot more like a TS808 than a TS9 which is a bit more transparent.

I'm not really that fond of tubescreamers though for overdrive. They're ok I guess, but imo, there are better sounding options. At least in my opinion...

True, tubescreamers are one of the most overrated pieces of guitar equitment.
I like them, but there are other options people! It isn't really a tubescreamer clone but the Bad Monkey is excellent.