Alright, i was looking at the Slash epiphone, and was browsing around when i saw a caption that said something about "the lucky 1600" if someone could tell me if gibson is going to continue to make the replicas or if it's a limited time thing... thanks in advance...
That model might be limited. I'm not completely sure though, I just wouldn't be surprised if it was but they still should be available. I saw one at my Guitarcenter on Monday.

But there probably are other models that will be made under Slash's name.
Wait so you mean they are still selling Epi LP standards with new pickups for a few thousand dollars?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
Wait so you mean they are still selling Epi LP standards with new pickups for a few thousand dollars?

I'm pretty sure the epi slash guitars are $1000 USD...
^ ok but still
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet

I saw your other thread about the Studio, you realize a $1000 Epi is better than the Studio?
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Quote by Insanitydenied
Alright, i was looking at the Slash epiphone, and was browsing around when i saw a caption that said something about "the lucky 1600" if someone could tell me if gibson is going to continue to make the replicas or if it's a limited time thing... thanks in advance...

You want it just because it is a slash model? Lulz.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by cloudjessie42
I saw your other thread about the Studio, you realize a $1000 Epi is better than the Studio?

I've played both.
I liked the studio a lot more.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by cloudjessie42

I think you should qualify that statement really.

given that there are about a million reasons (in terms of build quality and materials) why the studio is better.

for example:

The studio is a more superior instrument than an epi LP for a number of reasons. The wood is aged, so it doesnt warp - they hang the bodies and necks in a cool dark room for quite some time (not sure how long, but years), the ones that bend go in the bin, the ones that dont are the keepers.

they are hand made, using skilled labour, in a western world country, where the labour is expensive. The wood is hard to source too, as they are 2 or 3 piece bodies and chunks of mahogany that massive are expensive, so too is the massive slab of maple on top (many cheaper guitars, including the epiphones are 5 6 or 7 pieces of wood, plus the bookmatched maple on top, which might be photo flame on the epi, depending on the model)

The Pick Ups are wound by hand, on site.

They are painted by hand, on site.

all of these things add up to a superior instrument.

and by the way, there is actually no difference (in terms of playability, build and quality) between the studios and the rest of the gibson range - they just dont spend as much time and money on the frilly bits that people seem to want. they are the same bodies, the same necks, just topped with less highly figured wood. they are made by the same people, on the same line - so all you studio haters remember that next time you slag the studio off..

peace

G
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Last edited by hippyheaven1 at Sep 4, 2008,
Quote by cloudjessie42

It's really just a Standard Plus in a different finish with different pickups. The Gibson would probably play better.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.